South Pittsburg vs Fayetteville (Grider against this Morson man)

Roy Dillard

1 minute ago, Gbnation said:

I think they both did lol. 

Not really. We kept Holden in check after his first touchdown. It really helped us that Brayden got hurt and we had to start a QB y’all had no film on from that season. Duke caught the majority of passes against us, including the biggest ones of the game. 

1 minute ago, powerp said:

From the stands...it was a scary moment...like life threatening scary. That GB team was real good.

What made that team as good as it was, was we had the athletes to run or pass at will. I didn’t have to worry about who to throw the ball to because I could trust everyone in the passing game as well as the run game. It’s just tough to defend a team who can run and pass equally as good. That’s what would make SP almost unstoppable if they could truly pass the ball whenever they needed to. That would be scary. 

Just now, cherokee23 said:

What made that team as good as it was, was we had the athletes to run or pass at will. I didn’t have to worry about who to throw the ball to because I could trust everyone in the passing game as well as the run game. It’s just tough to defend a team who can run and pass equally as good. That’s what would make SP almost unstoppable if they could truly pass the ball whenever they needed to. That would be scary. 

We honestly could if we didn’t just throw deep balls to the hot route. Reggie gets tripled every play. Other wide receivers are open but they want him to throw to Reggie exclusively. 

7 minutes ago, PFL30 said:

Not really. We kept Holden in check after his first touchdown. It really helped us that Brayden got hurt and we had to start a QB y’all had no film on from that season. Duke caught the majority of passes against us, including the biggest ones of the game. 

Ehhh they both had their touches. I mean 23 had 8 catches 183 yards and 3 TD’s. Duke had 7 catches 100 yards and 1 TD. That’s a 1-2 punch for sure. Also to another point.... Fayetteville doesn’t have that for sure. 

Edited by cherokee23

3 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Ehhh they both had their touches. I mean 23 had 8 catches 183 yards and 3 TD’s. Duke had 7 catches 100 yards and 1 TD. That’s a 1-2 punch for sure. Also to another point.... Fayetteville doesn’t have that for sure. 

Also, our DBs this year are better. Flat out. 

17 minutes ago, PFL30 said:

You held him in check ??? He had almost 200 yards on you all 

Just now, Gbnation said:

You held him in check ??? He had almost 200 yards on you all 

I really didn’t think it was that much. I mean it was 28-27 so it was pretty evenly matched overall. We were 2 inches away from the 2 Pt conversion that woulda been the winning point. But can’t let the past haunt us with the big one coming up this week. 

Just now, Gbnation said:

I seen the Gordy game and they had some wide open receivers on you all but regardless I think the gold will be in SP after Friday. 

Just cause you get open doesn’t mean your DBs suck. Just means they got open. This years DBs are bigger and stronger. Probably not faster. I’m personally hoping our dline doesn’t give the QB any time to Throw and gets him rattled early. 

1 minute ago, PFL30 said:

Just cause you get open doesn’t mean your DBs suck. Just means they got open. This years DBs are bigger and stronger. Probably not faster. I’m personally hoping our dline doesn’t give the QB any time to Throw and gets him rattled early. 

I’m not saying that they are bad at all. All I’m saying is if you all have a weakness on D it would be in your secondary. It has been your all’s weakness the last several times that we have played you all. Good luck Friday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gbnation said:

I’m not saying that they are bad at all. All I’m saying is if you all have a weakness on D it would be in your secondary. It has been your all’s weakness the last several times that we have played you all. Good luck Friday. 

Yeah I’d say so too. Just because we have a mr football finalist on the line backing core as well as an all state player and then our dline is just downright huge and quick. He’ll complete a few. I just don’t think it’ll be enough to make a difference, but who knows.