Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

7 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Hit the nail on the head yeti. Before the half I was screaming why isn’t Peabody running the ball. You can actually go back and check my post. Tide21 said Jacobs was saving that till the second half that way you guys couldn’t make adjustments at halftime. 

I think your DBs are pretty good this year also. Peabody is going to try and get to the outside on y’all Saturday and will try to run off tackle also. We couldn’t match their speed but McKenzie could that’s why it was such a close game. I think Meigs will be able to match their speed also. But Peabody’s running back will be the fastest y’all have faced all year. Vaughn is a strong back but not like what they had last year. They will use him on short yardage and goal line.

how much faster is peabody rb than the kid from sp

Jesus Loves You

Hit the nail on the head yeti. Before the half I was screaming why isn’t Peabody running the ball. You can actually go back and check my post. Tide21 said Jacobs was saving that till the second half that way you guys couldn’t make adjustments at halftime. 

I think your DBs are pretty good this year also. Peabody is going to try and get to the outside on y’all Saturday and will try to run off tackle also. We couldn’t match their speed but McKenzie could that’s why it was such a close game. I think Meigs will be able to match their speed also. But Peabody’s running back will be the fastest y’all have faced all year. Vaughn is a strong back but not like what they had last year.

Vaughn is faster than dickson way shiftier. Mckenzie schemed us well. They literally moved players to different positions and changed numbers just for our game 

I think your DBs are pretty good this year also. Peabody is going to try and get to the outside on y’all Saturday and will try to run off tackle also. We couldn’t match their speed but McKenzie could that’s why it was such a close game. I think Meigs will be able to match their speed also. But Peabody’s running back will be the fastest y’all have faced all year. Vaughn is a strong back but not like what they had last year. They will use him on short yardage and goal line.

That was a good game plan. Our dbs are fine this year we probably have at least one interception most games and some games 2. We allowed Trousdale to nickel and dime us but we didn't seem to want to play man just to not give up a big play. He may be Cameron Rankins Caliber at a guess? But we did fine with him. Id be hard pressed to think he was faster than we faced at South Pitt. Meadows for us is fast and a smaller back. But hes extremely strong pound for pound. I also feel the same about our qb. They are both really strong for their size.

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

I respect your opinion as I hope you will mine. I believe our Linebackers are some better than yours, I also don't give either the edge on line play. I really look forward to seeing how the Mr. Football men compare to each other when its all said and done. I also believe our Rb and Qb overall is better than your pair. Again not a slight, just an observation. Coaching i don't know, Im really pleased with what we have coaching and getting where we are two years in a row speaks for itself. It will be a great game.

we kicked our first field goal of the season against Trousdale. I had been told by many that we had a capable guy but that was the first time I had seen it. He's honestly pretty good.

I think the line play will be equal. My opinion the team that makes the least mistakes wins. Be it defense causes those mistakes or if it’s just mistakes by the team in general.

the great thing is we get to see Saturday who is right,  last year it was the Peabody faithful. 

2 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Vaughn is faster than dickson way shiftier. Mckenzie schemed us well. They literally moved players to different positions and changed numbers just for our game 

I think McKenzie changed their game plan after week three and nearly lost games and did just so they would have that opportunity in the third round. It almost worked too

Just now, PHSRollTide said:

I think the line play will be equal. My opinion the team that makes the least mistakes wins. Be it defense causes those mistakes or if it’s just mistakes by the team in general.

the great thing is we get to see Saturday who is right,  last year it was the Peabody faithful. 

yeah, last year I was worried about your line going into the game. I hadn't really heard much about Dickson until I seen him lol. Was quite a surprise. One thing I'd say Peabody hasn't faced is an athlete of our Ben Smiths caliber #8 he is a game changer. 

4 minutes ago, PFL30 said:

He can’t be much faster. An sp fan fan correct me if I’m wrong but I heard that Hunter ran something like a 4.5 just under or just over. 

https://www.unapproved website.com/high-schools/peabody-golden-tide-(trenton,tn)/football/videos.htm?videoid=15cd02b1-bece-4e19-8076-9f3451eac5df

he is number 3 in the countdown 

2 minutes ago, Yeti said:

yeah, last year I was worried about your line going into the game. I hadn't really heard much about Dickson until I seen him lol. Was quite a surprise. One thing I'd say Peabody hasn't faced is an athlete of our Ben Smiths caliber #8 he is a game changer. 

Dickson was a once in a lifetime type player for 2A football my opinion. He was awesome.

4 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

I’d say him and Hunter are about even. He looks bigger though. Gonna be tough for meigs to stop him for short gains consistently 

58 minutes ago, Yeti said:

If we won and you go onto 1A, not certain we could have a tie breaker until you came back to 2A. That would be a serious drive otherwise lol

We were one student from 2A.  I believe will grow over the next two years.  We have always teetered around 1 and 2A.  We will be back for sure.