Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

1 minute ago, PHSRollTide said:

Speed and a slight edge to coaching 

I respect your opinion as I hope you will mine. I believe our Linebackers are some better than yours, I also don't give either the edge on line play. I really look forward to seeing how the Mr. Football men compare to each other when its all said and done. I also believe our Rb and Qb overall is better than your pair. Again not a slight, just an observation. Coaching i don't know, Im really pleased with what we have coaching and getting where we are two years in a row speaks for itself. It will be a great game.

1 minute ago, pioneer42 said:

Sounds like kicking game as well. Peabody has good kicker. Not so sure with Meigs.

we kicked our first field goal of the season against Trousdale. I had been told by many that we had a capable guy but that was the first time I had seen it. He's honestly pretty good.

3 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I respect your opinion as I hope you will mine. I believe our Linebackers are some better than yours, I also don't give either the edge on line play. I really look forward to seeing how the Mr. Football men compare to each other when its all said and done. I also believe our Rb and Qb overall is better than your pair. Again not a slight, just an observation. Coaching i don't know, Im really pleased with what we have coaching and getting where we are two years in a row speaks for itself. It will be a great game.

we kicked our first field goal of the season against Trousdale. I had been told by many that we had a capable guy but that was the first time I had seen it. He's honestly pretty good.

Coaching will be measured by half time adjustments 

2 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I will say this about Peabody’s coaching staff. They have four guys on staff with head coaching experience. Three of them have been head coaches in semi and championship games. One of them has been a head coach in 5 state championships and is a tssaa HOF coach and he is only an assistant now. They have assembled an impressive staff. 

1 minute ago, Raider1234 said:

Coaching will be measured by half time adjustments 

I will say with certainty that last year Peabody made better adjustments. We did not have an answer for Dickson. I know when Peabody gets in a tight game they normally resort to power run football. Now that we've seen It I believe we will have an answer for it. Just speculating, but we do well playing a team the second time around.

3 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Sounds like you have a beast RB. It is going to be a war no doubt. Just don’t think your KO guy can just give Peabody the ball at midfield or their own 40. Peabody has a KO guy. Game will be interesting. I picked Peabody to win the Gold Ball early in the year and I am not backtracking. But Peabody will have to have their A game for 4 quarters. Sounds like Meigs County is a really good team with a great RB and the game obviously could go either way.

2 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I will say this about Peabody’s coaching staff. They have four guys on staff with head coaching experience. Three of them have been head coaches in semi and championship games. One of them has been a head coach in 5 state championships and is a tssaa HOF coach and he is only an assistant now. They have assembled an impressive staff. 

I've no doubt they have a great staff, I believe we do too though. So if we win does that make our staff better? Just a thought anyhow. I mean someone loses every game, doesn't always mean you were out coached. Sometimes and alot of times its the mules that matter.

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Sounds like you have a beast RB. It is going to be a war no doubt. Just don’t think your KO guy can just give Peabody the ball at midfield or their own 40. Peabody has a KO guy. Game will be interesting. I picked Peabody to win the Gold Ball early in the year and I am not backtracking. But Peabody will have to have their A game for 4 quarters. Sounds like Meigs County is a really good team with a great RB and the game obviously could go either way.

I don't really feel our KO guy is bad at all, his only problem really is consistency. He has the leg strength to put it on the 10 more often than not. But he is sometime trying for a certain spot of the field which sometimes messes with him I believe.

10 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I will say with certainty that last year Peabody made better adjustments. We did not have an answer for Dickson. I know when Peabody gets in a tight game they normally resort to power run football. Now that we've seen It I believe we will have an answer for it. Just speculating, but we do well playing a team the second time around.

they looked to me they made the adjustment on your QB last year making him bounce it more taking away QB power and reads I might be wrong just what it seemed, you guys looked more balanced this year, TAKING nothing away from the QB great player.

11 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I've no doubt they have a great staff, I believe we do too though. So if we win does that make our staff better? Just a thought anyhow. I mean someone loses every game, doesn't always mean you were out coached. Sometimes and alot of times its the mules that matter.

your right mules matter, so when you do have the mules and don't win when they come out of the wood work after you lol which is awful but nature of the beast lol

15 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I agree with you 100%. Was just stating the qualifications of this Peabody staff. I admittedly know nothing of your staff so they may be a better staff. I believe that winning this upcoming game doesn’t mean that said team has a better staff. It could be Jimmys and Joes. You never know. I honestly think this will be a very close game. 

19 minutes ago, Raider1234 said:

your right mules matter, so when you do have the mules and don't win when they come out of the wood work after you lol which is awful but nature of the beast lol

Meigs seems to have a faithful following of our coaching win or lose. Its played among kids and for us whatever has happened has been left on the field with no moaning. I'm probably the most vocal critic they have, albeit ive never had much to complain about.

16 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree with you 100%. Was just stating the qualifications of this Peabody staff. I admittedly know nothing of your staff so they may be a better staff. I believe that winning this upcoming game doesn’t mean that said team has a better staff. It could be Jimmys and Joes. You never know. I honestly think this will be a very close game. 

Brother I didn't mean you were judging our staff by any means, Im just saying alot of times at this point in the game its decided between the kids. Im not sure we had the mules to stop Dickson last year, this year we would fair much better against a back of his caliber. Cameron Rankins from Trousdale is a Race mule. We managed to really limit him on his feet. He is an outstanding player. Id say he isn't as good as Peabodys Dickson was last year, but he's probably as close as we've seen the last few years though. We really held him in check.