Peabody/Meigs who wins and why

Golddoctor

3 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

He's well aware I'm sure just throwing it back to him,he's a very passive aggressive poster that loves to give it ,like mispelling our school name ,attacking people then cries when he feels we "attack" Meigs ! Wasn't even a Tide fan giving him crap either ! I always enjoy your posts so pls don't read my opinion in this onto you at all sir ! Can't wish you luck tmrw but will offer prayers that in victory or defeat for safety and the understanding in any situation that you can grow and become better from it ! Of course I think Peabody is better we have lots of recent hardwear to prove it,but it here and now this year and we have a battle tmrw !!! Safe travels to all from good ole Peabody Pride from Orlando Florida 

ROLL GOLDEN TIDE 

3PEAT

I wasn't offended at all. I try not to be disrespectful to any team, or rub it in when my team wins. About the game tomorrow - I think both teams are champions just to be playing in the state championship game. One team will win and one team will lose, but life will proceed afterwards for the fans and players of both team. The coaches have become friends, even enjoying some laughter and teasing between them via phone conversations. Both coaching staffs respect the accomplishments of their team as well as their opponent.  Both have earned the right to be here.
You should support your team, just as I will support Meigs.  Just like you, I pray for traveling mercies for the fans, sportsmanship between the teams, and safety for all the players. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

I wasn't offended at all. I try not to be disrespectful to any team, or rub it in when my team wins. About the game tomorrow - I think both teams are champions just to be playing in the state championship game. One team will win and one team will lose, but life will proceed afterwards for the fans and players of both team. The coaches have become friends, even enjoying some laughter and teasing between them via phone conversations. Both coaching staffs respect the accomplishments of their team as well as their opponent.  Both have earned the right to be here.
You should support your team, just as I will support Meigs.  Just like you, I pray for traveling mercies for the fans, sportsmanship between the teams, and safety for all the players. 

+1 

18 minutes ago, MCCherokee2020 said:

So my Cherokees got in a mess with the whole Covid thing vs DB when it was our best team ever in recent history and it cost us a run. But i got buddies I work with that said Meigs is cancelling school for next week and they cancelled our basketball game with them and the coach or coaches at Meigs have Covid or were suppose to be quarantine but magically nothing happens. Don't know if there is truth to this but I'd hate to see a forfeit in Cookeville cause of not following Covid guidelines. It sure cost my cherokees

I can assure you there is no Covid guidelines being broken. Meigs gave their students the ability to choose between online and in person classes all year and for the past several weeks all meigs football players have been in virtual classes. Let’s not try to spread some false rumors there pal. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, MCCherokee2020 said:

So my Cherokees got in a mess with the whole Covid thing vs DB when it was our best team ever in recent history and it cost us a run. But i got buddies I work with that said Meigs is cancelling school for next week and they cancelled our basketball game with them and the coach or coaches at Meigs have Covid or were suppose to be quarantine but magically nothing happens. Don't know if there is truth to this but I'd hate to see a forfeit in Cookeville cause of not following Covid guidelines. It sure cost my cherokees

Ah, this poster joined the ‘T’ 12 minutes ago. You sound like a troll that’s only goal is to start drama. No guidelines are being broken, But yeah, keep trying to stir the pot. Our football team and coaching staff is ready to travel to cookeville in the morning to compete for a state championship. It must be sad when you’re school’s greatest season ever only takes you to the second round of the playoffs.

Edited by ElGoat
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, MCCherokee2020 said:

So, your buddy said it.... you don't know if it's the truth.... and this is your first post on CoachT.  Hmmm....

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, MCCherokee2020 said:

And also, the coaches were basketball coaches and that is why the BASKETBALL game was canceled. And last thing, did you join the T just to say this??? Lol

4 minutes ago, ElGoat said:

Ah, this poster joined the ‘T’ 12 minutes ago. You sound like a troll that’s only goal is to start drama. No guidelines are being broken, But yeah, keep trying to stir the pot. Our football team and coaching staff is ready to travel to cookeville in the morning to compete for a state championship. It must be sad when you’re school’s greatest season ever only takes you to the second round of the playoffs.

Their '87 team made it to the semifinals where they lost to eventual state champion Jefferson County. I think their '75 team lost in the semifinals also.

I just want kids to be safe & fair to be fair. I don't go across the ridge unless I have to cause I believe in the rules being followed. Yeah our potentially greatest team's season ends in the 2nd round in 6A due to Covid and usually ends to Maryville who has more championships than any school maybe other than Alcoa or Brentwood and Meigs has no championships because they play 1-A teams and a terrible Clinton school and they wonder why they can't ever win the big one...

2 minutes ago, MCCherokee2020 said:

I just want kids to be safe & fair to be fair. I don't go across the ridge unless I have to cause I believe in the rules being followed. Yeah our potentially greatest team's season ends in the 2nd round in 6A due to Covid and usually ends to Maryville who has more championships than any school maybe other than Alcoa or Brentwood and Meigs has no championships because they play 1-A teams and a terrible Clinton school and they wonder why they can't ever win the big one...

Listen kid... your team had a pretty good year this year compared to what Athens is used to. You beat exactly  one (1) team with a winning record. That’s cause for celebration! Playing teams like Sequoyah, central, and Notre Dame really can inflate a persons ego. 

• Like 1