6A Championship Oakland vs. Brentwood

MidTennFootball

22 hours ago, Redskin15 said:

Talent wise? Give me examples of what power 5 coaches are knocking down Alcoa doors compared to Oakland's?

Currently 4 Tornadoes hold power 5 offers.
Probably will have another one by the start of next season possibly 2 

not sure how many Oakland has right now. But not bad for a school with 630 students 

18 minutes ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

Currently 4 Tornadoes hold power 5 offers.
Probably will have another one by the start of next season possibly 2 

not sure how many Oakland has right now. But not bad for a school with 630 students 

If we're talking about the team they will field in 2021, Oakland only has 2 kids so far that have P5 offers. But that's likely to change if they'll be able to hit the camp circuit

I do want to go take a moment to acknowledge other key players. Jordon James gets alot of the spotlight (and rightfully so) but Antonio Patterson ran for over 1200 yards himself. O-Line tends to get overshadowed in the kind of offense Oakland runs, but they pushed a bunch of pretty good defenses around in the playoffs.

Ian Schlacter didn't light the box score on fire, but had 2 huge scrambles that set up scores. Pretty much the ideal qb for this offense. Isaiah Horton didn't have a big game offensively but picked off 2 passes. Also wanted to give a shout out to Avery Rogers, he had to replace Trey Turk pretty early on in the game but he performed admirably. Kicking game should be in good hands next year

Now comes the struggle of trying to find 4 more teams willing to fill out Oakland's schedule

25 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I do want to go take a moment to acknowledge other key players. Jordon James gets alot of the spotlight (and rightfully so) but Antonio Patterson ran for over 1200 yards himself. O-Line tends to get overshadowed in the kind of offense Oakland runs, but they pushed a bunch of pretty good defenses around in the playoffs.

Ian Schlacter didn't light the box score on fire, but had 2 huge scrambles that set up scores. Pretty much the ideal qb for this offense. Isaiah Horton didn't have a big game offensively but picked off 2 passes. Also wanted to give a shout out to Avery Rogers, he had to replace Trey Turk pretty early on in the game but he performed admirably. Kicking game should be in good hands next year

Now comes the struggle of trying to find 4 more teams willing to fill out Oakland's schedule

Have them Call AD Josh Stevens at Alcoa. Alcoa needs a week 0 game. I believe that would make a good one. We will let him know tomorrow. Maybe they have already talked and we don’t know about it. The games have to line up for it to work because the region games are set by the state then you fill in around them

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

If we're talking about the team they will field in 2021, Oakland only has 2 kids so far that have P5 offers. But that's likely to change if they'll be able to hit the camp circuit

Alcoa will start the 2021 season with 2 as well and possibly 3 to 4 depending on camps as you said for your guys too 

9 minutes ago, TornadoLeadRecruiter said:

Have them Call AD Josh Stevens at Alcoa. Alcoa needs a week 0 game. I believe that would make a good one. We will let him know tomorrow. Maybe they have already talked and we don’t know about it. The games have to line up for it to work because the region games are set by the state then you fill in around them

Don't think Oakland  has a region game until Week 3. Only non region game they got so far is Ravenwood so shouldn't be hard to move it around. Been to Maryville many times but would love to have a chance to see Alcoa. I wouldn't be surprised if both programs have at least talked about it.

I know when Oakland Maryville agreed to a home and home, it was basically the last gasp option. I imagine Oakland would probably take the same approach, unless the teams play on Saturday like they did with Blackman so the 3 hour trip isn't as big of a factor. Here's hoping this no longer becomes a hypothetical and that it will actually happen. 

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Don't think Oakland  has a region game until Week 3. Only non region game they got so far is Ravenwood so shouldn't be hard to move it around. Been to Maryville many times but would love to have a chance to see Alcoa. I wouldn't be surprised if both programs have at least talked about it.

I know when Oakland Maryville agreed to a home and home, it was basically the last gasp option. I imagine Oakland would probably take the same approach, unless the teams play on Saturday like they did with Blackman so the 3 hour trip isn't as big of a factor. Here's hoping this no longer becomes a hypothetical and that it will actually happen. 

Of course on Saturday. It would be on TV and thousands would show to watch because this would be a game people want to see