Oak Ridge Basketball 2020/21

STILLNUM1

2 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Oak Ridge better go into every game like its the Championship.  They good Concord lightly last week and only won by 3 points.  So they better step it up and don't overlook the other team.  

I don’t think they overlooked them at all. It’s just a mixture of their best player being out of action right now, and frankly they just aren’t playing very good right now to be blunt.

1 hour ago, HOOPSGURU said:

The Cats won and that’s all that matters. Everyone is missing guys this season so let’s try to keep the excuses to a minimum.

If you would refer to the 3/4AAA thread you would see that I’m not using that as an excuse, but just stating a few reasons why we aren’t playing up to par right now. Yes, I’m sure every team is missing players etc, but there’s no getting around it that losing a 23 PPG scorer isn’t gonna affect your team in a pretty big way. But like I said in that thread, it’s still not an excuse. Like you said, they still came out on top, and that’s really all that matters.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oak Ridge  boys have a part basketball team part football team right now. In time they will gel but it will take longer than usual. Neither the Lady Wildcats or Wildcats are in the shape they need to be in to play their preferred style of basketball.

I doubt it but they may never get into their grooves this season.  Just too many things that coaches and players can't control.

I predict both teams will make the State Tournament. Let's RWR!

On 12/19/2020 at 7:21 PM, SweetScience said:

I don’t think they overlooked them at all. It’s just a mixture of their best player being out of action right now, and frankly they just aren’t playing very good right now to be blunt.

Honestly, that there is an excuse.  NEXT MAN UP as they say.  I was at that game and like I said, they took Concord lightly.  I've seen OR at its best and you can tell from the tip that OR really didn't want to play CC and they took them lightly.  

On 12/20/2020 at 2:09 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

Oak Ridge  boys have a part basketball team part football team right now. In time they will gel but it will take longer than usual. Neither the Lady Wildcats or Wildcats are in the shape they need to be in to play their preferred style of basketball.

I doubt it but they may never get into their grooves this season.  Just too many things that coaches and players can't control.

I predict both teams will make the State Tournament. Let's RWR!

I can agree with you on this one and your first sentence, it's always been that way at OR and many other schools.  But let me ask this question, with a full roster, DO OR beat KINGSTON or is KINGSTON that good?

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

I can agree with you on this one and your first sentence, it's always been that way at OR and many other schools.  But let me ask this question, with a full roster, DO OR beat KINGSTON or is KINGSTON that good?

Not WillieTheWildcat, but I’ll give you my opinion too. If both teams are on their A games, yes, I do believe OR would come out on top. I do think Kingston is a good team though. 

Edited by SweetScience
  • Thanks 1