Trenton Peabody 2021

PeabodyPride

32 minutes ago, Yeti said:

You may be surprised to see how good we are this year friend. If our line pans out we will at the very least be as good as last year. The only reason we aren't touting our new rb is because we will share the load this year with some players who may play both ways. Our passing game will absolutely be better and our run game for the most part will be about as good as last year imo. Wish we played some of the fans teams that may be counting us out. 

Gibson County went to Waverly last year and almost won the game. We lost 24-20. Peabody cruised in the Waverly game 42-7 last year. Waverly  may be better this year, but they wouldn’t have beat Peabody in 100 tries last year. Do think the last three this year will be tougher if they take care of business. Lake County I heard went to Shelbyville and won a 7 on 7. Don’t know a lot about it but that is what I heard. 

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Gibson County went to Waverly last year and almost won the game. We lost 24-20. Peabody cruised in the Waverly game 42-7 last year. Waverly  may be better this year, but they wouldn’t have beat Peabody in 100 tries last year. Do think the last three this year will be tougher if they take care of business. Lake County I heard went to Shelbyville and won a 7 on 7. Don’t know a lot about it but that is what I heard. 

Yeti is a meigs guy 

22 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

I think you guys will be state bound again this year. Good luck yeti 

We will definitely be competitive, Once we have a scrimmage under our belt I'll know exactly how good. I'm hopeful etc. I know this will be the best group of skill players as a whole that I've seen at Meigs. If we develop a good line even if it's mid year ( Not that it won't be earlier ) we will be as good a passing team as we have been at running the ball the last few years. Really miss your posts in our threads bud. Hated to see you guys go. One thing has been consistent the last 5 or 6 years and that's Waverlys push in the playoffs for the most part.

3 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

I agree we’ll “kinda sorta” Lake had these same baller skill guys and I don’t believe they could have beat Wavo last year , my score predictor program I use has Wavo 10 points better, I know LC will improve , the coach is a solid guy but don’t think “right now” they are as ready to step up to the next level, I think they are another year away.Meigs was most definitely better than SP last year and they proved it on the field . I do agree the potential for it to be tougher but the Tide gotta get there first, We very well could drop a few games this year and still be a great team with the murderers row of a schedule we have , my question is if we was to start 0-2 will we be declared done ? Not saying we will but Milan is a beast and Westview can light it up ask LC !

If you start 0-2, which you won’t, no you won’t be done. If McKenzie wouldn’t have been sent across the river, you guys would have really had a tough road because week 2-5 in the playoffs would have been tough. 

Edited by pioneer42

18 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

The semi game is where I think Peabody’s road this year could be tougher. Meigs and South Pittsburg both are always tough. 

Meigs is 2A and South Pittsburg is 1A. We won't see any of the teams you mentioned this year.

34 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

The semi game is where I think Peabody’s road this year could be tougher. Meigs and South Pittsburg both are always tough. 

I hate talking about this kind of stuff so early. I guess if we make it that far  the toughest game should be a game later like you say.  We can’t have injuries and we have to play every game like we want to win and not leave anything to referees. The playoff game against mckenzie would have never went to overtime if it wasn’t for big mistakes. 

Edited by Tide21

2 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I hate talking about this kind of stuff so early. I guess if we make it that far  the toughest game should be a game later like you say.  We can’t have injuries and we have to okay every game like we want to win and not leave anything to referees. The playoff game against mckenzie would have never went to overtime if it wasn’t for big mistakes. 

I do think Peabody will win “several” more Gold Balls in the years to come even if they got knocked out this year which I am not predicting. Do think their program is rock solid right now. Culture is in place and their off season program is in full force. 

10 hours ago, truefalconfan said:

I saw the golden tide on wbbj tonight on the football preview show. I don't see where their line is as "huge" as some speak of. LC has some hosses for sure that would swamp most of Trentons

:roflolk:  I just got a chance to watch the video none of the oline or dline was in that video 

36 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

If everything works out the way most are predicting, Peabody would likely get McKenzie or Fayetteville in the semis and then SP in the championship.