Class AAA Miss Basketball Candidates

WillieTheWildcats

1 hour ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Khamari Mitchell-Steen is about to take over the nickname " Miss Automatic. " Two time Class AAA Miss Basketball Jennifer Wilson earned that title back in the 1990's for the Oak Ridge Wildcats. Miss Wilson then went on to raise UT-Chattanooga to NCAA Tournament level.

What has Khamari done now to be in the same league as a two time Miss Basketball? Well, she and her teammates traveled tonight to Anderson County High School and defeated the Lady Mavericks  81 - 34.

Miss Mitchell-Steen ripped the nets for 37 points. In other words the score was Mitchell-Steen  37  Anderson County 34.

BIG TEST TUESDAY....

OR travels to Powell to face the team they beat a couple of weeks ago by 2 points. Don't forget you can sign on to YouTube, go to Prep Radio and warch the game starting at 6:00 pm EST.

The scoreboard says that Powell lost by 14 to a 4 win Knox Central team tonight. Do you think that’s right?

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

The scoreboard says that Powell lost by 14 to a 4 win Knox Central team tonight. Do you think that’s right?

Whew!  You scared me with that. I looked at Powell's Girls basketball schedule on CoachT and POWELL won the game over Central 70 - 35.

I know my reputation here on CoachT is sheep but trust me Powell can play. They have shooters, can break the press and do not fear opponents. They BELIEVE they can beat Oak Ridge and already think they won the first game played berween the teams. Oak Ridge was fouled on a buzzer beating lay up and S. Clark hit both free throws to give the Lady Wildcats a two point win. Powell probably thinks it was a charge by Clark.

On 1/22/2021 at 8:52 PM, WilleTheWildcat said:

BIG TEST TUESDAY....

OR travels to Powell to face the team they beat a couple of weeks ago by 2 points. Don't forget you can sign on to YouTube, go to Prep Radio and warch the game starting at 6:00 pm EST.

Oak Ridge basically wrapped up the District 3- AAA Regular Season title tonight with the Lady Wildcats  55 - 46 VictORy over Powell. OR is now ( 13 - 2,  10 - 0 ) on the season with four District games left, They currently have a 2 game lead over Powell.

LET THEM PLAY...DON"T CALL ANYTHING

The Refs have a hard job. Fans want the players to determine the outcome but Refs have to call the obviously too physical plays. IMHO, the Refs failed by going to far toward the Don't Call Anything side.

KHAMARI MITCHELL-STEEN....

She had a low point effort with only 16 points tonight. She also found herself in foul trouble in the second half. However, she stepped up her defense, rebounding and scoring when reinserted into the game.

SEE YA NEXT TIME...

Powell and VictORy City will be odds on favorites to meet a third time in the District 3-AAA Tournament.

Any news on other players ? Any surprise players.

Night.

IT'S TIME TO NOMINATE...

I heard last night that Voters for the Miss Basketball Award started to recieved their Nomination Ballots. A lot of young ladies played and dispayed bravery and talent is this

THERE IS STILL TIME TO SPEAK OUT!.. time of Pandemic. Too bad more players did not recieve season long attention.

Now maybe the best time to shine some love on players. Voters could be looking around the Interent for Ladies to Nominate.

STONE MEMORIAL MILLER...

She recieved some high praise tonight. An oppossing player said she was not expecting what happened  when facing her. She was taken surprised by her skill.

KHAMARI MITCHELL-STEEN...

From Oak Ridge. Did what Stars do. Did what a role player does. Did what a team leader does. Did what a high IQ Basketball team player does. I would appreciate your consideration of her on your Ballot.

WRW

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

16 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

IT'S TIME TO NOMINATE...

KHAMARI MITCHELL-STEEN...

From Oak Ridge. Did what Stars do. Did what a role player does. Did what a team leader does. Did what a high IQ Basketball team player does. I would appreciate your consideration of her on your Ballot.

WRW

Okay, here are the Official Voice of the Wildcats FACTS on Khamari's Career,,,

CAREER TOTALS... AND COUNTING....

* 1638  career Points

*  509  career Rebounds

*  218  career Assists

*  344  career Steals

*  108  career 3 Point Shots

*  98   career Wins

2020 - 2021 Season Totals...AND COUNTING...

*  413  Points This Season

*  27.5  Points Per Game This Season

*  5.75  Steals Per Game  This Season

* 3.75  Assists Per Game This Season

*  9.5 REBOUNDS Per Game This Season

TONIGHT & FRDAY...watch Khamari LIVE...

Karns, tonight, 6PM, YouTube @ prep radio

Cinton Friday, 6 PM, YouTube @ prep radio

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

5 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

TONIGHT & FRDAY...watch Khamari LIVE...

Karns, tonight, 6PM, YouTube @ prep radio

Cinton Friday, 6 PM, YouTube @ prep radio

Tonight, Oak Ridge's Khamari Mitchell-Steen added 26 points to her season total, as the Lady Wildcats defeted Karns 80 - 54.

KARNS...

Annie Kate Riecter ( I probably have her name spelled wrong, sorry ) impressed tonight with her 36 point outburst against a good Oak Ridge Defense. She and her teammates played with a lot of confidence and next Tuesday they get another shot at OR.

RWR

Amelia Osgood from Brentwood High School

She currently has 1,807 points (School Record)

She has 535 career assists. (School Record)

Single Game school record: 40 points

Single Season school record: 598

250+ 3-pointers ( School Record)

Committed to Princeton University

Varsity starter all 4 years

Exceptional student/athlete with a 4.55 GPA

Led Brentwood HS to first State tournament Elite 8 appearance since 2013.

Amelia has an exceptional will to win, 29 -3 team record in the 2019-2020 season. 17-4 this year.

Individual per game averages for the 2019-2020 season:

18.3 PPG

4.2 APG

3.7  RPG

2.1 SPG

44% from 3 point line.

2020 TSWA All-State AAA high school girls team

2019-20 WILLCO Girls Basketball Player of the Year

2020 TN Report AAA All-State Team 

2020 Tennessean All-Midstate girls basketball team 

2020 Region Tourney MVP 

2020 11AAA All District and 11AAA All-Tourney
2020 unapproved website/WBCA Players of the Week February 23
2020 Gateway Tire Player of the Week January 7

2020 1,000 point 300 assist club January 5

2019 WILLCO Female Basketball Finalist 

2019 6AAA All Region All-Tourney

2019 11AAA All District and 11AAA All-Tourney 

2018 11AAA District All-Tourney and 6AAA Region All-Tourney

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fulcrum said:

Amelia Osgood from Brentwood High School

She currently has 1,807 points (School Record)

She has 535 career assists. (School Record)

Single Game school record: 40 points

Single Season school record: 598

250+ 3-pointers ( School Record)

Committed to Princeton University

Varsity starter all 4 years

Exceptional student/athlete with a 4.55 GPA

Led Brentwood HS to first State tournament Elite 8 appearance since 2013.

Amelia has an exceptional will to win, 29 -3 team record in the 2019-2020 season. 17-4 this year.

Individual per game averages for the 2019-2020 season:

18.3 PPG

4.2 APG

3.7  RPG

2.1 SPG

44% from 3 point line.

2020 TSWA All-State AAA high school girls team

2019-20 WILLCO Girls Basketball Player of the Year

2020 TN Report AAA All-State Team 

2020 Tennessean All-Midstate girls basketball team 

2020 Region Tourney MVP 

2020 11AAA All District and 11AAA All-Tourney
2020 unapproved website/WBCA Players of the Week February 23
2020 Gateway Tire Player of the Week January 7

2020 1,000 point 300 assist club January 5

2019 WILLCO Female Basketball Finalist 

2019 6AAA All Region All-Tourney

2019 11AAA All District and 11AAA All-Tourney 

2018 11AAA District All-Tourney and 6AAA Region All-Tourney

I gave you a "like" on your nomanation post for Amelia Osgood of Brentwood. VERY STRONG!

I also appreciate your effort to help this player get the recognition she deserves. I hope her season continues to rock on.

Would love to see Brentwood and Oak Ridge play at State but so many talented teams we have to get by for that to happen.

I do love posts like the one for Brentwood's Osgood in so may ways. Somerimes a GREAT post like that makes me feel inadequate, however. I try my best to help Khamari Mitchell-Steen get statewide recognition but nothing I have said about her is better than what Miss Osgood just got.

I am happy for Amelia.

I hope Khamari is impressing the voters and she gets nominated.

On 1/29/2021 at 4:44 PM, WilleTheWildcat said:

I hope Khamari is impressing the voters and she gets nominated.

Khamari Mitchell-Steen UPDATE...

Tonight, the Oak Ridge Lady Widcats traveled to Karns and came away with a 68 - 42 victORy. It was a special night for Khamari. She scored 39 points! The points pushed Mitchell-Steen's CAREER TOTAL to 1705 Points and into 6th Place on the list of top Lady Wildcats scorers. She moves ahead a former Class AAA Miss Basketball winner Jennifer McGinnis. The leading OR scorer is Keke Stewart  WHO IS KEKE'S LITTLE BROTHER??? NONE OTHER THAN....TEE HIGGINS!

SCHEDULE REMAINING...

Friday...HOME  Campbell County

Saturday... HOME  Catholic

Next week... HOME Ceveland      Away  Futon

All games on YouTube at Prepradio