New Executive Order

District12AA

You'd think the TSSAA could pony up some of that nearly 400K they received from the government to help make up at least some of the difference in game fees. 

Also, what do you think the odds are of the TSSAA refunding any of the fees they collect from officials annually.

Of course, both of those comments are made with heavy sarcasm. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, attila said:his is meant to be a short term fix for the programs that need it so they can finish the season.  Certainly the officials can do this for 1 and 1/2 months. 

Short Term Fix? Gov Lee shouldn’t have said NO FANS and left it at how it was.   I disagree with most of the things you said.  The games will go on even if the assistant coaches from both schools will have to ref.  

3 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

You'd think the TSSAA could pony up some of that nearly 400K they received from the government to help make up at least some of the difference in game fees. 

Also, what do you think the odds are of the TSSAA refunding any of the fees they collect from officials annually.

Of course, both of those comments are made with heavy sarcasm. 

Maybe sarcasm but shoot I agree with you .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, attila said:

No it wasn’t the officials fault but it wasn’t the kids playing either. No schools received a grant for athletics that I know of. The bottom line is if the season gets cancelled then there will be no games and no officials working. It’s a sacrifice during a difficult time, kids are in and out of school, etc. I know we need officials for games but the games are for the players and schools,. This is meant to be a short term fix for the programs that need it so they can finish the season.  Certainly the officials can do this for 1 and 1/2 months. 

The bottom line is, if their are no games, officials won't have to take a 25% pay cut to leave their day jobs early just to go do a thankless side job and get home at 11PM after their kids and wives have gone to bed.

Pick your battles friend. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, crazzyness said:

The bottom line is, if their are no games, officials won't have to take a 25% pay cut to leave their day jobs early just to go do a thankless side job and get home at 11PM after their kids and wives have gone to bed.

Pick your battles friend. 

No one is picking a battle my friend. This has been a year of sacrificing a lot. As I said earlier most schools that needed some help asked to go with 2 officials at full pay. The TSSAA and the supervisors agreed to go with 3 at the reduced rate for the standards  of the game. Also note this, if schools across the state had stuck with the recommended guidelines instead of going on their own, we might not be having this discussion, every school had different policies. 

Edited by attila

2 hours ago, attila said:

No one is picking a battle my friend. This has been a year of sacrificing a lot. As I said earlier most schools that needed some help asked to go with 2 officials at full pay. The TSSAA and the supervisors agreed to go with 3 at the reduced rate for the standards  of the game. Also note this, if schools across the state had stuck with the recommended guidelines instead of going on their own, we might not be having this discussion, every school had different policies. 

After a week of having varsity games called with 2 people, most schools would regret that decision.

But I believe it is important that folks understand that the bad guys aren't the officials, or the schools, but the TSSAA. They have the money to make up the difference, they're just to darn greedy to do it. Those guys have the nerve to tell (not ask, but tell) officials that they'll be getting a 25% pay cut to go out there and put their heath in jeopardy, while Menees makes 130K and Bernard almost 200k annually hanging out chillin at the state offices. Reckon they're taking a 25% pay cut?

Edited by crazzyness
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, attila said:

My question to you is: out of all people working the games , why are the officials being asked to take this payout?  Why not the bookkeeper, the AD, the security guard, the custodians ?  Why the officials ? 

I don't think anybody should take a pay cut. Enforce mask and social distancing. Limit capacity as they were at first and let fans in. Some schools don't pay all those capacities. My kids school are in middle school and none if those people get paid by the school. Workers volunteer or other sports work areas. Security is paid by the school system or board and AD doesn't get paid extra. 

On 1/1/2021 at 11:20 PM, attila said:

The schools all having different policies is 100% the fault of TSSAA. Their mission statement includes language inferring that they provide clear leadership and ensure fairness, for which they charge a membership fee... their response to the pandemic was "follow your local authority's guidelines", rather than set parameters (clear and fair leadership would have been to set a standard policy). Of course, you would have had some schools more restricted (by local mandates) than others, but the refusal by TSSAA to even assess/apply any restrictions opened the door for schools not affected by local guidelines to do whatever, and some took full advantage. You can't complain about schools not following TSSAA mandates when there were none.

• Like 1