State Duals Predictions

WrestlingGod

I know we've got a few more weeks until state duals but we can still get the conversations going. Who do you think will be the top 8 to qualify? Here are my picks...

Dobyns Bennett

Science Hill

Cleveland

Bradley Central

Blackman

Wilson Central

Summit

Centennial

And if this is the case then Wilson Central, Bradley Central and Blackman would all sit on the bottom side of the bracket. Thoughts?

On 1/15/2021 at 9:39 AM, WrestlingGod said:

I know we've got a few more weeks until state duals but we can still get the conversations going. Who do you think will be the top 8 to qualify? Here are my picks...

Dobyns Bennett

Science Hill

Cleveland

Bradley Central

Blackman

Wilson Central

Summit

Centennial

And if this is the case then Wilson Central, Bradley Central and Blackman would all sit on the bottom side of the bracket. Thoughts?

i’d maybe replace blackman with oakland, but other than that i agree. 

my podium picks at the moment would be

1. Cleveland

2. Wilson Central

3.  Dobyns Bennett

4. Bradley

On 1/15/2021 at 11:39 AM, WrestlingGod said:

Dobyns Bennett

Science Hill

Cleveland

Bradley Central

Blackman

Wilson Central

Summit

Centennial

Does Halls have a chance to beat Science Hill? From the results of the Halls tournament, it will be a tight match-up. Heritage beat the Hill, but won’t make it to state as they have to go against Bradley or Cleveland 

5 hours ago, GoTNwrestling said:

Does Halls have a chance to beat Science Hill? From the results of the Halls tournament, it will be a tight match-up. Heritage beat the Hill, but won’t make it to state as they have to go against Bradley or Cleveland 

i think it’s possible. Dobyns will represent Region 1 but i think the second spot for R1/R2 is a toss up and could be SH, JeffCo, or Halls. 

R3/4 will in all likelihood be represented by Cleveland and Bradley. It sucks for Heritage and Maryville that this is how it’s being done because both have had great years and deserve to be in over some other teams that will qualify. 

Wilson Central is a lock for Region 6, but the second spot for R5/R6 could go to any of Blackman, Oakland, or Beech. 

I believe Summit is a lock for Region 7, however like 1/2 and 5/6, the second spot is a toss up. Centennial, Brentwood, Indy, Page, Collierville, and Arlington will all be in the fight for that second spot. 

3 hours ago, GoTNwrestling said:

Science Hill beat Dobyns-Bennett tonight 39-30. Took me by surprise. Maybe we need to talk about them being in the top 4 mix. 

Ah, you again lol. jkjk. 

SH is not a top 4 team. no offense. there’s a handful of teams more deserving of being a part of that conversation.  If they beat DB again at Regions then we will talk. but that one good win doesn’t jump them over other teams that have been more impressive 

I would like to see a breakdown of the DB/SH dual with individual matchups if anyone has them. theres nothing on track

Edited by Bump11

6 hours ago, Bump11 said:

Ah, you again lol. jkjk. 

SH is not a top 4 team. no offense. there’s a handful of teams more deserving of being a part of that conversation.  If they beat DB again at Regions then we will talk. but that one good win doesn’t jump them over other teams that have been more impressive 

I would like to see a breakdown of the DB/SH dual with individual matchups if anyone has them. theres nothing on track

I would like to see the breakdown as well. It may just be that DB isn’t a top 4 team this year in duals as well. You can have some really good kids, but if you other starters are getting pinned or not getting the close wins, you may be a better individual tournament team than dual tournament team. I will be interested to see who makes it to the tourney and how everyone is bracketed. This shows me, if they get a good draw and get the right match-ups they could get in the placing match. I honestly didn’t not think they’d get close before last night. 

garrett crowder (Dobyns Bennett) over Perry Tate (Science Hill) (Dec 3-0)

Devon Medina (Science Hill) over nikolas burke (Dobyns Bennett) (Fall 0:00)

Keimel Redford (Science Hill) over carson christian (Dobyns Bennett) (Fall 0:00)

Stiles Miller (Science Hill) over judah moore (Dobyns Bennett) (Fall 0:00)

Riley Strode (Science Hill) over matthew munsey (Dobyns Bennett) (Fall 0:00)

gavin armstrong (Dobyns Bennett) over Hayden Bodo (Science Hill) (Fall 0:00)

Jake Dempsey (Science Hill) over cannon mullins (Dobyns Bennett) (Dec 7-4)

brennan watkins (Dobyns Bennett) over Javelle Gillespie (Science Hill) (TF 18-3 0:00)

eli whitley (Dobyns Bennett) over Jamie Beck (Science Hill) (Dec 9-5)

James Miller (Science Hill) over drew vetter (Dobyns Bennett) (Fall 0:00)

jackson hurst (Dobyns Bennett) over braxton mann (Science Hill) (Dec 5-0)

tre morrisette (Dobyns Bennett) over Unknown (For.)

clint morrisette (Dobyns Bennett) over Liam Medina (Science Hill) (MD 13-0)

Peyton Pridemore (Science Hill) over aidan rhoton (Dobyns Bennett) (Fall 0:00)

Good bump by science hill the biggest surprise is the 182 match i would have expected Rhoton to at least get a decision there and definitely not get pinned.

9 hours ago, GoTNwrestling said:

I would like to see the breakdown as well. It may just be that DB isn’t a top 4 team this year in duals as well. You can have some really good kids, but if you other starters are getting pinned or not getting the close wins, you may be a better individual tournament team than dual tournament team. I will be interested to see who makes it to the tourney and how everyone is bracketed. This shows me, if they get a good draw and get the right match-ups they could get in the placing match. I honestly didn’t not think they’d get close before last night. 

very true. they have some hammers that will rack up points in an individual tourney. looks like science hill made the right moves and got a couple of small team wins by not giving up pins in a few matches, and Pridemore pinning Rhoton was also big. I’m interested to see why adjustments DB makes for regions

Edited by Bump11