2021 South Pittsburg Schedule

PiRaTe._.MiKe

1 hour ago, BustedCoverage said:

1) I firmly believe your coaches are terrified to play Marion this year. They aren't trying to hide it.

2) Discipline is part of the game. If you can't keep a kids antics in check, put one on the field that you can.

3) Several of Marion's fans, coaches, kids, parents were upset as well I would think.

4) I firmly believe that most of you did in fact play for that one game every season and when it was over then you focused on the rest of the season. Feel free to prove me wrong.

5) only paying forward what a few of your posters like to inject to the T community. Can't believe you would be so tore up about it. Wonder if Marion was upset last year.

I will say you are one of the good ones from that end of the football spectrum. However it doesn't negate the fact that a few of your guys are like a cancer on here trying to ruin it for others. 

I appreciate you considering me one of the good ones, but I do disagree with you on #1 and #4.  

11 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says, Ifin a feller is constantly spewing lies, he is a liar by trade. Facts fer the uneducated. South Pittsburg leads the series 52-40-4, having won 12 of the past 14 meetings, including five straight, while winning the last three by an average of 54-10. Figure any skillet head can figure out this feller is full of mess & been wearing them Rose Colored Glasses fer way too long. OP says, It sounds as if Jones done & got rid of a weak opponent & was willing to travel out of state while loosing a huge gate in order to upgrade the schedule! BTW, Last year would certainly created a wide margin & another lip sided score. That Pruit man knowd it too as well as the Administration & fans! YepReconSo 

You say that however Marion beating Rhea Co. and Fayetteville should at the very least be enough to consider the possibility of a good game. Just remember if you were to go back and read most of your threads most people including myself thought everyone else was playing for 2nd behind the pirates in 1A. That obviously wasn't the case. 

1 minute ago, BustedCoverage said:

You say that however Marion beating Rhea Co. and Fayetteville should at the very least be enough to consider the possibility of a good game. Just remember if you were to go back and read most of your threads most people including myself thought everyone else was playing for 2nd behind the pirates in 1A. That obviously wasn't the case. 

Old Pirate says a feller can sometimes find a 4-leaf clover ever now and again too. Every dog has his day, every once in a while Jasper can be relevant! Feller, Does yous understand how strange things can happen now?

1 minute ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says a feller can sometimes find a 4-leaf clover ever now and again too. Every dog has his day, every once in a while Jasper can be relevant! Feller, Does yous understand how strange things can happen now?

Surely I do. Thats why it's silly you aren't playing the game this year. You know it should be played as does everyone else.

Just now, BustedCoverage said:

Surely I do. Thats why it's silly you aren't playing the game this year. You know it should be played as does everyone else.

Old Pirate don’t knowds a sitch of a thing. Jasper got what they earned over a real long spell. Go try that mess on other programs, find out how soon you Fellers will have inner squad games jest to fill Friday nights openings. Name a program that has been more corrupt than Jasper over a long stretch of time. You Fellers ain’t even cleaned house with those that either knowd, participated or covered up wrongs. 

23 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I appreciate you considering me one of the good ones, but I do disagree with you on #1 and #4.  

#1 Would be hard for me to relent on as your fanbase stated that was a 25-30k gate type of game last year. Considering the rivalry, distance between the high schools and gate how can you consider it best to not be played realistically. It was even stated the last few days that most of the kids between the schools were friends. Relationships like that and friendships like that are fantastic in a community especially when you can use it for rivalries in sports.

#4 can be answered with a book called 8 Hateful Miles 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1936442639/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_1CY5PBCZ03CYESZPWS58

That book says it means more than most games wouldn't you think? Maybe not out weigh the playoffs but it means something. 

3 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate don’t knowds a sitch of a thing. Jasper got what they earned over a real long spell. Go try that mess on other programs, find out how soon you Fellers will have inner squad games jest to fill Friday nights openings. Name a program that has been more corrupt than Jasper over a long stretch of time. You Fellers ain’t even cleaned house with those that either knowd, participated or covered up wrongs. 

I don't live in the yesterdays personally and if you all did the series would have ended ages ago when someone took it too far. However it lasted till last year considering everything that had been said and done up until covid why wasn't it ended sooner considering your own argument of covered up wrongs?

32 minutes ago, BustedCoverage said:

#1 Would be hard for me to relent on as your fanbase stated that was a 25-30k gate type of game last year. Considering the rivalry, distance between the high schools and gate how can you consider it best to not be played realistically. It was even stated the last few days that most of the kids between the schools were friends. Relationships like that and friendships like that are fantastic in a community especially when you can use it for rivalries in sports.

#4 can be answered with a book called 8 Hateful Miles 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1936442639/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_1CY5PBCZ03CYESZPWS58

That book says it means more than most games wouldn't you think? Maybe not out weigh the playoffs but it means something. 

I still disagree.  Several have been hinted about cancelling this game since last year.  Yes an agreement was made to play the game at our place to help with the losses from last years cancellation a couple hours before kickoff.  Yes the kids are all friends outside of this one game.  However, it’s a new Dawn, it’s a new Day.  Priorities have shifted, not changed as far as winning a Gold ball, but shifted.  People just need to accept it as it is.  Scared??  No Recon not.  And I ain’t joking.  

Also, I’ve read the book. Yes we do play for that game, but not like many people think.  We don’t think about that game until the week of that game.  Yea it’s mentioned in conversation but we live in a very small county.  No matter what I say, or don’t say actually :ph34r:, you won’t understand.  Coach Jones has been doing this a long time, as well as his assistants.  Y’all tried a couple times already to sabotage him.  If I wanted to Id say y’all were the ones scared to play, but I’m not one of those guys.  

1 hour ago, TheCommander said:

I keep up with Murphy since I’m only about 20 minutes from there here in the Basin. Murphy is dang good football program over in NC but personally I think the Pirates are going to mercy them. Murphy is too slow paced and not even close in the number athletes that the Pirates have. Calling it right now, Pirates by as much as they want. I hope I’m wrong but just my opinion. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Good luck with that. That slow pace is exactly why this is going to be a tough game for the Pirates. Murphy has been running Wing T for almost 40 years, and they run it as good as anybody. They are gonna be playing keep away all night moving the chains 4 yds at a time. I've watched Murphy beat teams with much better athletes again and again by running fullback trap, buck sweep, belly, and one or two other plays. If the Pirates can't stop these plays, they will lose.

I think we all can agree that not playing the jasper game this year is gonna kind of take away from the excitement of the season but to say that sp is scared of jasper is pretty silly. Not trying to down talk jasper I personally hope they always do well but last year they didn't really impress much and looked flat at times during the season. unless they got some new talent I'm unaware of then what does sp have to be be scared of? On another note I'm curious to know what the real reason is that the game is not being played. I know tensions between the teams and fans are high but are they actually that bad to completely end a great rivalry like that