Franklin county

Raider1234

On 2/21/2021 at 1:30 PM, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Take the Top 3 programs in the state. I would say Maryville, Alcoa and Oakland.  Do any of these have home town head coaches running their programs?  Is there any successful program in the state have a hometown man running the program. I know around here Hughes at Fairview does a good job but I would not count them as an elite program in any way. Martin here at SH but that has been a nightmare.  Any others?

Henry County an James Counce 111

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, gypsyroad said:

From what I've seen and heard there is pleanty of talent over there. If FC can't win then it's on the coaches. 

Not so sure that FC athletes are as good as they think they are.  That seems to be some of the problem down there.  Good ole by politics which is how this coach got the job and entitlement amongst the team.  Not a good remedy for success.  

18 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Not so sure that FC athletes are as good as they think they are.  That seems to be some of the problem down there.  Good ole by politics which is how this coach got the job and entitlement amongst the team.  Not a good remedy for success.  

That is a shame if thats true the Rebels were tuff in the 90's seemed like they were in the hunt every year for the most part. Wasn't Red Roberts the coach then if I am not mistaken.

On 3/18/2021 at 10:31 AM, Raider1234 said:

That is a shame if thats true the Rebels were tuff in the 90's seemed like they were in the hunt every year for the most part. Wasn't Red Roberts the coach then if I am not mistaken.

Yep and Red Roberts will be inducted into the TNFCA Hall of Fame this December in Chattanooga during the Blue Cross games.

On 2/4/2021 at 10:17 AM, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Both schools will appeal and get that over turned.  Football squads team up to help others

Football squads team up to help others.       

Shelbyville Central’s football team, along with players and coaches from Franklin County, joined forces to help the Shelbyville community by recently cleaning up and picking up branches from trees that had fallen during the recent ice and snow storm.

The teams met at the Shelbyville Central field house on a Saturday morning and received instructions before heading out to serve the community. The teams cleaned branches and limbs from 14 properties.

Both football programs received a two-year ban from the TSSAA State Playoffs after a fight broke out during last season’s game.

“Obviously, what happened last season during the Franklin County game was unfortunate and something we never want to see again. We wanted to do something with them to learn lessons and teach our kids that we are all much more alike than we are different,” Shelbyville Central football coach Josh Puckett said. 

“The opportunity to serve our community in their time of need after the ice storm was a perfect time to let both teams work together. We are very thankful to Coach Justin Cunningham and Franklin County for helping the people of Shelbyville. We moved lots of limbs in a day that might have taken people weeks to move on their own. Our community is great to us, and it’s great to be able to give back.”

The Golden Eagles returned the favor by helpng Franklin County’s football team and coaches move a large number of books in the relocation of the adult literacy program in Tullahoma.

Special thanks were given to a number of churches who helped feed the teams after the work was done.

Community Service is a wonderful way to teach humility and actual service that can help folks that really needs it.  Also promotes teamwork and strength and conditioning in this instance!

Now all Franklin County needs is an Administration to quit trying to tell the Coach, who, what, when, and why!  They should be happy running the school and NOT the various sports programs.