AAA Bracketology

Bump11

One of my favorite parts of March Matness and March Madness is the build up to the tournament, all the previews and storylines...learning about teams/people who could wreck brackets..and just the excitement in the lead up to the tournaments. 

So... with that in mind, this year i’ve decided to do something a little different. If it shall please the audience, since we now have 2 weeks to wait, every day i will do a preview of a different weight, starting at 106 and so on, to try and get everyone talking and discussing each weight individually. I will list favorites, dark horses, and highlight certain matches as “the ones to watch”. This is all open for discussion, as it is a message board. feel free to throw some input, tell me some of my picks are dumb, the whole nine yards! 

Edited by Bump11
  • Like 1

With that being said...may i present to you...my AAA 106 lb. preview and predictions. Enjoy! :popcorneater:

Now, while at first glance, 106 looks a little top heavy with Terrell, Ford, and Fowler...this is actually a weight with a sneaky amount of depth. There are a solid 8-9 guys who could legitimately make the podium. The blood rounds are going to be super fun to watch and I cannot wait. Ford vs Terrell could be one of the best matches of the tournament (and one of the hardest to predict). Both are highly skilled, and both are very good defensively, and don’t give up a lot of points. The same goes for the potential final between the potential winner of that and the potential winner of Fowler/Baltz. Don’t be surprised if Baltz pulls a bit of an upset there. Fowler i think definitely has the toughest road to a title. He likely has to go through Nadeau, Baltz, and Terrell/Ford....which won’t be an easy task. HOWEVER, I do think that Ford or Terrell will be the ones to be screwed by the draw, as one will likely have to settle for 3rd behind a guy they have already beaten in Fowler  

Favorites: Bryson Terrell (Bradley), Russell Ford (Indy), Logan Fowler (Cleveland), Colby Baltz (Houston)

Dark Horses: Aslan Nadeau (Blackman), Paul Johnson (Wilson Central), Zach Ordonez (Brentwood), Stiles Miller (Science Hill)

Matches/Potential Matches To Watch: 

#2 Ford vs #1 Terrell, #2 Ford vs #3 Fowler, #1 Terrell vs #3 Fowler, #4 Baltz vs #3 Fowler, #5 Houston vs #4 Baltz, Nadeau vs Ordonez, #5 Houston vs Johnson

Podium Predictions:

1. Russell Ford (Indy)

2. Logan Fowler (Cleveland)

3. Bryson Terrell (Bradley)

4. Colby Baltz (Houston)

5. Aslan Nadeau (Blackman)

6. Trent Houston (Cookeville)

One match away: Paul Johnson (Wilson), Zach Ordonez (Brentwood)

Edited by Bump11
  • Like 1

Next up is 113 lb.

If you thought 106 was deep..113 has 9-10 guys who could reach the podium. Bradford, Ellison, and Lipsey are likely the leading candidates to walk away with the gold, but the 4-6 spots are up for grabs and will be a dog fight. The quarterfinals here should all be worth the price of admission. Cleveland’s Bentley Ellison will try to go back to back, but it won’t be easy. A potential path of Little, Stokes/Lozdoski, Bradford/Lipsey might be one of the toughest paths of the entire tournament. But he’s got the talent to run the gauntlet. The question though, is will he? 

Favorites: Justin Bradford (Blackman), Bentley Ellison (Cleveland), Ethan Lipsey (Bradley)

Dark Horses: Coen Lovin (Maryville), Devin Lozdoski (Clarksville), Jarvis Little (Summit), Kaleb Reaume (Arlington)

Matches/Potential Matches To Watch: There are so many potential fireworks matches, honestly the entire bracket is potential matches to watch. But to name a few i really want to see.. #6 Stokes vs Lovin, #3 Lipsey vs #5 Mercante, #2 Ellison vs Little, #5 Mercante vs Little, #6 Stokes/Lovin vs Lozdoski, #1 Bradford vs Gobel, #1 Bradford vs #3 Lipsey, #1 Bradford vs #2 Ellison (potential best match)

Podium Predictions:

1. Justin Bradford (Blackman)

2. Bentley Ellison (Cleveland)

3. Ethan Lipsey (Bradley)

4. Chas Stokes (Oakland)

5. Jarvis Little (Summit)

6. Owen Gobel (Franklin)

One Match Away: Nicholas Mercante (Wilson), Coen Lovin (Maryville)

2 hours ago, Bump11 said:

Next up is 113 lb.

If you thought 106 was deep..113 has 9-10 guys who could reach the podium. Bradford, Ellison, and Lipsey are likely the leading candidates to walk away with the gold, but the 4-6 spots are up for grabs and will be a dog fight. The quarterfinals here should all be worth the price of admission. Cleveland’s Bentley Ellison will try to go back to back, but it won’t be easy. A potential path of Little, Stokes/Lozdoski, Bradford/Lipsey might be one of the toughest paths of the entire tournament. But he’s got the talent to run the gauntlet. The question though, is will he? 

Favorites: Justin Bradford (Blackman), Bentley Ellison (Cleveland), Ethan Lipsey (Bradley)

Dark Horses: Coen Lovin (Maryville), Devin Lozdoski (Clarksville), Jarvis Little (Summit), Kaleb Reaume (Arlington)

Matches/Potential Matches To Watch: There are so many potential fireworks matches, honestly the entire bracket is potential matches to watch. But to name a few i really want to see.. #6 Stokes vs Lovin, #3 Lipsey vs #5 Mercante, #2 Ellison vs Little, #5 Mercante vs Little, #6 Stokes/Lovin vs Lozdoski, #1 Bradford vs Gobel, #1 Bradford vs #3 Lipsey, #1 Bradford vs #2 Ellison (potential best match)

Podium Predictions:

1. Justin Bradford (Blackman)

2. Bentley Ellison (Cleveland)

3. Ethan Lipsey (Bradley)

4. Chas Stokes (Oakland)

5. Jarvis Little (Summit)

6. Owen Gobel (Franklin)

One Match Away: Nicholas Mercante (Wilson), Coen Lovin (Maryville)

I think this will almost certainly be a Bradford v. Ellison final.  Lipsey will have a tough time just getting by his first match with Mercante.  If he does I think Bradford wins that one pretty easily.  Little and Stokes are about even and Ellison handled Little easily.  The final will be a great match.

9 hours ago, Bump11 said:

With that being said...may i present to you...my AAA 106 lb. preview and predictions. Enjoy! :popcorneater:

Now, while at first glance, 106 looks a little top heavy with Terrell, Ford, and Fowler...this is actually a weight with a sneaky amount of depth. There are a solid 8-9 guys who could legitimately make the podium. The blood rounds are going to be super fun to watch and I cannot wait. Ford vs Terrell could be one of the best matches of the tournament (and one of the hardest to predict). Both are highly skilled, and both are very good defensively, and don’t give up a lot of points. The same goes for the potential final between the potential winner of that and the potential winner of Fowler/Baltz. Don’t be surprised if Baltz pulls a bit of an upset there. Fowler i think definitely has the toughest road to a title. He likely has to go through Nadeau, Baltz, and Terrell/Ford....which won’t be an easy task. HOWEVER, I do think that Ford or Terrell will be the ones to be screwed by the draw, as one will likely have to settle for 3rd behind a guy they have already beaten in Fowler  

Favorites: Bryson Terrell (Bradley), Russell Ford (Indy), Logan Fowler (Cleveland), Colby Baltz (Houston)

Dark Horses: Aslan Nadeau (Blackman), Paul Johnson (Wilson Central), Zach Ordonez (Brentwood), Stiles Miller (Science Hill)

Matches/Potential Matches To Watch: 

#2 Ford vs #1 Terrell, #2 Ford vs #3 Fowler, #1 Terrell vs #3 Fowler, #4 Baltz vs #3 Fowler, #5 Houston vs #4 Baltz, Nadeau vs Ordonez, #5 Houston vs Johnson

Podium Predictions:

1. Russell Ford (Indy)

2. Logan Fowler (Cleveland)

3. Bryson Terrell (Bradley)

4. Colby Baltz (Houston)

5. Aslan Nadeau (Blackman)

6. Trent Houston (Cookeville)

One match away: Paul Johnson (Wilson), Zach Ordonez (Brentwood)

I really see this as a three man bracket.  Fowler wrestled Nadeau twice this year and it wasn’t close (both 1st period pins).  I haven’t seen Baltz wrestle but see he split with Nadeau.  I realize the transitive property theory doesn’t always work but I think Fowler actually has a fairly easy path to the finals.  The Terrell v. Ford match should be a good one.  Terrell looked really good in the Region finals against Fowler.  

Next up is 120lb. 

Hunter Borders will look to become a 3 time champion, and 4 time finalist. The biggest obstacles standing in his way are Steven Dindl and Arlo Laxton, who likely will face off in the semis for a shot at the Wildcat, in what could be one of the better matches at this weight. Noah Creque (Siegel) and Ryan King (Stone Menorial) are both under the radar guys who are coming off of huge performances at regions, including upsets of ranked wrestlers in the finals. Top to bottom, this is my favorite weight (so far). And one i will be watching very closely from start to finish. 

Favorites: Hunter Borders (Wilson), Steven Dindl (Bartlett), Arlo Laxton (Cleveland)

Dark Horses: Keegan Perkins (Seymour), Noah Creque (Siegel), Ryan King (Stone Memorial), Ben Millican (Munford)

Matches/Potential Matches To Watch: Like 113 there are a ton of potential show stealers. Perkins vs Creque, King vs James, Millican vs Armstrong, #2 Dindl vs Loreant, #4 Masters vs #6 Teaster, King vs Millican, #2 Dindl vs #4 Masters, King vs #6 Teaster, King vs Creque, #4 Masters vs #5 Myers, #2 Dindl vs #3 Laxton, #1 Borders vs #2 Dindl/#3 Laxton

Podium Predictions:

1. Hunter Borders (Wilson)

2. Steven Dindl (Bartlett)

3. Arlo Laxton (Cleveland)

4. Jackson Masters (Summitt)

5. Noah Creque (Siegel)

6. Ben Millican (Munford)

One Match Away: Grant Myers (Blackman), Ryan King (Stone Memorial)

My 113

1. Bradford Blackman

2. Ellison Cleveland

3. Lipsey Bradley

4.Stokes Oakland

5. Mercante Wilson

6.Gobel Franklin

One match away Lovin Maryville Little Summit

This one is interesting because I think that Mercante and Lipsey will wrestle twice, and I predict they will go 1-1 with Lipsey winning the second time around, but that one could go either way. I also would not be surprised if Little put Lipsey or Mercante out in the blood rounds. 

6 hours ago, Bump11 said:

Next up is 120lb. 

Hunter Borders will look to become a 3 time champion, and 4 time finalist. The biggest obstacles standing in his way are Steven Dindl and Arlo Laxton, who likely will face off in the semis for a shot at the Wildcat, in what could be one of the better matches at this weight. Noah Creque (Siegel) and Ryan King (Stone Menorial) are both under the radar guys who are coming off of huge performances at regions, including upsets of ranked wrestlers in the finals. Top to bottom, this is my favorite weight (so far). And one i will be watching very closely from start to finish. 

Favorites: Hunter Borders (Wilson), Steven Dindl (Bartlett), Arlo Laxton (Cleveland)

Dark Horses: Keegan Perkins (Seymour), Noah Creque (Siegel), Ryan King (Stone Memorial), Ben Millican (Munford)

Matches/Potential Matches To Watch: Like 113 there are a ton of potential show stealers. Perkins vs Creque, King vs James, Millican vs Armstrong, #2 Dindl vs Loreant, #4 Masters vs #6 Teaster, King vs Millican, #2 Dindl vs #4 Masters, King vs #6 Teaster, King vs Creque, #4 Masters vs #5 Myers, #2 Dindl vs #3 Laxton, #1 Borders vs #2 Dindl/#3 Laxton

Podium Predictions:

1. Hunter Borders (Wilson)

2. Steven Dindl (Bartlett)

3. Arlo Laxton (Cleveland)

4. Jackson Masters (Summitt)

5. Noah Creque (Siegel)

6. Ben Millican (Munford)

One Match Away: Grant Myers (Blackman), Ryan King (Stone Memorial)

This is one that I think if wrestled 10 times has 10 different outcomes, in my opinion Borders and Laxton are the top two almost every time though.

1. Borders Wilson

2. Laxton Cleveland

3. Dindl Bartlett

4. James Bradley

5. Teaster Heritage

6. Masters Summit 

One match away Myers Blackman Creque Siegel

3 hours ago, dontstopbelieving said:

This is one that I think if wrestled 10 times has 10 different outcomes, in my opinion Borders and Laxton are the top two almost every time though.

1. Borders Wilson

2. Laxton Cleveland

3. Dindl Bartlett

4. James Bradley

5. Teaster Heritage

6. Masters Summit 

One match away Myers Blackman Creque Siegel

No King huh? Can't wait for this one...

4 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

No King huh? Can't wait for this one...

I don't think King beats James and then rematch from the region finals puts him out. Teaster pinned him earlier in the year and then went out in the region finals trying to end it quick, and if anybody knows anything about kids from Stone Memorial its that they know how to run and defend headlocks. Maybe King wins again if he does I will eat crow, but just throwing my prediction out there.