District 14-AA charging double

Macnarry

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BallIsLife1 said:

I get it, but this is a bit much. If you're girls and boys are playing at home why not just proceed as a normal game night. 

I am not sure what percentage TSSAA gets off the gate from the regular season, but they get 18% of gate & then school split 50/50. I am so it’s a money thing 

A lot of schools aren't hosting both boys and girls, so most fans are paying the normal rate to just watch one game. It'd obviously be nice to get two for the money, but a lot of places aren't that fortunate. With how bad schools have been hurting from a money standpoint, I'm surprised it has taken this long. And don't be surprised when the TSSAA bumps up costs down the road to help make up for the money they haven't been able to bring in.

8 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

A lot of schools aren't hosting both boys and girls, so most fans are paying the normal rate to just watch one game. It'd obviously be nice to get two for the money, but a lot of places aren't that fortunate. With how bad schools have been hurting from a money standpoint, I'm surprised it has taken this long. And don't be surprised when the TSSAA bumps up costs down the road to help make up for the money they haven't been able to bring in.

I personally know of 3 in the state that boys & girls team both hosting South Side, Westview, and Upperman! I am sure there are others but these I am sure about. 

oh my guess since it will be a limit on fans state would be $15 bucks instead of $10 bucks 

Edited by HawkGuy06

Just now, HawkGuy06 said:

I personally know of 3 in the state that boys & girls team both hosting South Side, Westview, and Upperman! I am sure there are others but these I am sure about. 

I saw Gibson Co. was hosting a double-feature in Single A, and statewide there are going to be plenty of others. Not saying it isn't happening, but the majority of schools are split, especially the deeper you run into the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

I saw Gibson Co. was hosting a double-feature in Single A, and statewide there are going to be plenty of others. Not saying it isn't happening, but the majority of schools are split, especially the deeper you run into the playoffs. 

Yea GC as well. Yea I was just naming a few that I personally knew of.