Never too early, Coaching Vacancies

TennesseeValley

1 hour ago, buddyball said:

Speak about her career and loud!

4 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Time will tell hope your this excited in couple years 

4 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Time will tell hope your this excited in couple years 

So McGill was your coach through 2018 right?? And I will admit your program has been loaded with talent. And I will say this. If someone had put a gun to my head I am not so sure I take her to beat a loaded Clarkrange team and she did. They were at our Thanksgiving Tournament in 2019 and 2020 and I talked to her and her husband at length in our hospitality room and I want to say she was in college some where coaching before she took Summertown the 2019 season. Is this right?? Word is in this area is that something went south some where with administration. Ok if I am Catie my stock is very high right now and South Gibson is a sleeping giant and needs about 3 years or so to get to Summertown’s level so I better leave if Summertown is not my home for a while. But let’s be real here. Summertown. Loretto, Gibson County and Westview are four hot programs right now and will get a big time hire. I hate you lost her but Summertown will be fine. In fact, if I didn’t have my own business and stuck in my career I would love to coach there. Summertown and Gibson County are a lot alike in many ways. Y’all will be fine. 

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

So McGill was your coach through 2018 right?? And I will admit your program has been loaded with talent. And I will say this. If someone had put a gun to my head I am not so sure I take her to beat a loaded Clarkrange team and she did. They were at our Thanksgiving Tournament in 2019 and 2020 and I talked to her and her husband at length in our hospitality room and I want to say she was in college some where coaching before she took Summertown the 2019 season. Is this right?? Word is in this area is that something went south some where with administration. Ok if I am Catie my stock is very high right now and South Gibson is a sleeping giant and needs about 3 years or so to get to Summertown’s level so I better leave if Summertown is not my home for a while. But let’s be real here. Summertown. Loretto, Gibson County and Westview are four hot programs right now and will get a big time hire. I hate you lost her but Summertown will be fine. In fact, if I didn’t have my own business and stuck in my career I would love to coach there. Summertown and Gibson County are a lot alike in many ways. Y’all will be fine. 

She was at Dickson Co before & Columbia Academy before that Lawrence Co is her home but it is what it is and yea Summertown will be fine  

10 minutes ago, WhereYouAt said:

Tough for summertown to make it to the state tournament.

Westview and Gibson County in sectionals.

Summertown best team in state last year ( in my one sided opinion ) and lost in finals so in one game scenario anything can happen just like GC who would have thought they would lose 20 point lead and get beat or all teams that lost regional would be in one bracket and winners in the other  / again we may get John Wooden for coach and beat the dog out of everybody ( if a  coach can actually win games ) 

17 minutes ago, WhereYouAt said:

Tough for summertown to make it to the state tournament.

Westview and Gibson County in sectionals.

It will be equally tough for all four, IMO. Summertown will have younger Campbell, Burlson and Burdette to build a team around. Three good players, 

6 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown best team in state last year ( in my one sided opinion ) and lost in finals so in one game scenario anything can happen just like GC who would have thought they would lose 20 point lead and get beat or all teams that lost regional would be in one bracket and winners in the other  / again we may get John Wooden for coach and beat the dog out of everybody ( if a  coach can actually win games ) 

Summertown will get a big time coach, IMO. They may have a good one in house for all we know. She will have to go to South Gibson and be vocal and throw her chest out a little or she won’t be successful at South Gibson. She is new blood and a culture change is needed and talk like this “This is the way we did it at Summertown” is needed there. If she runs her program like we do at Gibson County, they will be a powerhouse in three or four years,, IMO. 

46 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

She was at Dickson Co before & Columbia Academy before that Lawrence Co is her home but it is what it is and yea Summertown will be fine  

Catie Embrey and Ashley Rutledge (Loretto coach)  both are from Lawrence County and they were teammates.  John Wild was their coach and got Lawrence County High to the state finals their sophomore and junior seasons.  Both had good careers at Lipscomb and Freed-Hardeman University.   Catie will do a good job at South Gibson.

Edited by gogold