MOW and best match

Hamblin

41 minutes ago, durdon said:

The D2 coaches use the OW award in D2 as a wrestler of the year award and the D2 OW award is not related to tournament performance.  Not saying that it’s the correct criteria but that’s the way they handle it.  At least with D2 you can define why they give out the OW award to a particular wrestler each year. 

It would be nice if the D2 coaches had a Wrestler of the year award and a separate Tournament OW award. 

Well that is interesting.  What is the actual criteria for OW at D2?  Points, wins, strength of schedule? Cut and dry with no subjective element? Win/loss ratio?  Definitely seems odd that the most important tournament of the year plays no role in the selection process.  You are saying the votes are cast before the tournament even begins?  If it is cut and dry with actual definitive criteria then that should probably be emulated, but I'm interested to know for sure it is really neat and clean.

Edited by oceansize42

Here is how I see it. We can debate the rest of the off-season how one region or one kid is looked over because they are too good and we have a vendetta against them, or we can give props to the person who won MOW, by dominating his bracket. Tre - you left no doubt you were the best wrestler in your bracket. Congrats on winning MOW! Tre put himself in a position to be in the running by DESTROYING his opponents. The two points he gave up in the technical fall, in the semis, were two escapes (one he let him up to take him down for the TF). You all may not agree with who won it, but you cannot say he didn’t earn the MOW. I would be saying the same thing if Cody, Bradford or anyone else who won MOW. I support wrestling as a whole and not just one team or one region. 

Edited by GoTNwrestling
  • Like 3