Down goes Upperman

HawkGuy06

15 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Thanks man!! Was a tough one. It was a dogfight for sure. Game was single digits most of the night. Congratulations to you guys as well!! 

Yea we was in a dogfight as well for the first 2 quarters, then came halftime we was up like 18. Then we got careless with the ball & turned it over 4 possessions in a row SG then got the lead down to 10. Then coach Mcneal took our 2nd 5 out & changed back to the starters & it was history from there. We played decent, not great but at this point if you win by 1 or 25 you move on 

29 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Got you. So the from what I gathered is that y’all was up 1 & stole the ball. Instead of dribbling the remaining time out y’all make the layup to go up 3. LA then goes on to make a halfcourt 3 point shot to send it to overtime. That sounds like an instant classic 

No LA didn't play in the game. There were just two teams playing...Upperman and York. York's Johnson made a half court shot at the buzzer to send it into overtime. Congratulations Dragonettes. Now beat Macon Co!

5 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea we was in a dogfight as well for the first 2 quarters, then came halftime we was up like 18. Then we got careless with the ball & turned it over 4 possessions in a row SG then got the lead down to 10. Then coach Mcneal took our 2nd 5 out & changed back to the starters & it was history from there. We played decent, not great but at this point if you win by 1 or 25 you move on 

That is right. Survive and advance. Union City played extremely hard tonight. It was a defensive war. 

6 minutes ago, bobcatfan300 said:

No LA didn't play in the game. There were just two teams playing...Upperman and York. York's Johnson made a half court shot at the buzzer to send it into overtime. Congratulations Dragonettes. Now beat Macon Co!

Yea sorry I am all over the place I meant York smh! I am still pumped up from our win tonight at Jackson South Side. 

3 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

I knew @HawkGuy06 was going to love that ending.  He will be reminding you guys about all the trash talk for the next couple weeks.  Lol.  Haylee Johnson is one of the best players in 8AA.  Big time players make big time shots.  HJ made one tonight!  

I started to get on here & go off but I remember it’s ball to be played! No time to get on here & remind ppl they was wrong, we are focusing on Westview Wednesday for the region, they talked all that stuff & is preparing for next year already. Tournament time is a new season, everybody record is 0-0! 1 game at a time & everybody we play is a threat! 

who is this Haylee Johnson? I am figuring she is the young lady that hit the 3 to send it to overtime.