South Side vs Westview (7-AA region title)

dmm88

2 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I thought it was funny that after all that 8AA talk, both West Tn teams draw them 1 round of the state tournament lol. Also our boys could possibly play a 8AA team in York lol(if we win of course) 

No doubt. Nobody knows how they did the draw. Did it behind closed doors. I do think Uoperman was the better of the three teams but that is why you play the game. McMinn Central and Meigs are good too. We will see tonight if the matchups happen. I do think some of the 8 AA folks watched your game with Westview on video and they have a lot more respect for both of y’all. 

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

No doubt. Nobody knows how they did the draw. Did it behind closed doors. I do think Uoperman was the better of the three teams but that is why you play the game. McMinn Central and Meigs are good too. We will see tonight if the matchups happen. I do think some of the 8 AA folks watched your game with Westview on video and they have a lot more respect for both of y’all. 

Yea you said a mouthful! Who truly knows how they did it! Same in A! How do you put Summertown, Gibson County, Clarkrange in the same bracket smh. I see they left Lorotto up top by themselves. 

Oh yea Westview definitely earned my respect! At home them folks don’t lose! It was a state atmosphere down there. We played decent & went at them for 4 quarters! I hope we see them again but we have to handle business tonight! 

17 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea you said a mouthful! Who truly knows how they did it! Same in A! How do you put Summertown, Gibson County, Clarkrange in the same bracket smh. I see they left Lorotto up top by themselves. 

Oh yea Westview definitely earned my respect! At home them folks don’t lose! It was a state atmosphere down there. We played decent & went at them for 4 quarters! I hope we see them again but we have to handle business tonight! 

Covington plays slow man. I think South Side beats them either slow or fast. South Side needs to trap and play their best press, IMO. That is y’all’s style. If they start beating it, swap up. Got to wear teams down and use your depth as much as you can. Want to get teams out of their element and get them playing wild and making mistakes with the ball. Get them in panick mode!!

Edited by pioneer42

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Covington plays slow man. I think South Side beats them either slow or fast. South Side needs to trap and play their best press, IMO. That is y’all’s style. If they start beating it, swap up. Got to wear teams down and use your depth as much as you can. Want to get teams out of their element and get them playing wild and making mistakes with the ball. Get them in panick mode!!

Yea idk why we haven’t been trapping. It makes no sense to me. They have a good point guard but I would make her give it up! They have no other ball handler! We need 2 play our game that got us to 22-0! Don’t switch nothing up

Just now, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea idk why we haven’t been trapping. It makes no sense to me. They have a good point guard but I would make her give it up! They have no other ball handler! We need 2 play our game that got us to 22-0! Don’t switch nothing up

He plays that relentless press a bunch it will cause a lot of problems. You have big girls in the back end as your safety valves. If teams start beating it and hitting three’s on the other end swap up. GC plays our trapping press a bunch. You can’t let Westview get in a groove and dictate their place. You want Westview playing fast, IMO. 

Just now, pioneer42 said:

He plays that relentless press a bunch it will cause a lot of problems. You have big girls in the back end as your safety valves. If teams start beating it and hitting three’s on the other end swap up. GC plays our trapping press a bunch. You can’t let Westview get in a groove and dictate their place. You want Westview playing fast, IMO. 

Your absolutely correct! Hopefully we get back to South Side basketball tonight.