South Side vs Westview (7-AA region title)

dmm88

1 minute ago, HawkGuy06 said:

It’s crunch time! I get what your saying but I stand firm on my predictions. Everybody record is 0-0! We have to win lol I don’t want to travel to Bolivar for substate 

South Gibson was up 1 at half and Westview hit 6 or 7 3’s in a row and took it over.

4 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea they are hot! 

If Westview can get over the scared factor playing South Side at South Side then it will be a good game but if they come out shaky then South Side will run away with it. I still say South Side will win it though. No not making the trip with this one due to the limited tickets and no online sales of them

6 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Lol I don’t have to! Memphis isn’t playing basketball this year because of Covid! So there is no need for refs right? Lol

The Memphis association for refs worked football games even though Shelby Co schools didn’t play football. Milan vs Pearl Cohn semis was Memphis refs. Some of the suburbs in Memphis played football just like some are playing basketball so the officials are still working. Don’t know if they did this game just saying they are working. 

7 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Lol your not creditable! You said nobody was beating Upperman lol we took a lose today but we still have a dog in the fight! How about you? 

The only reason is because you’re in the weakest substate in the tournament. I watched the game. Only way y’all score is fast break off press and post. No outside game whatsoever. Now having said that the press is pretty darn good and so is the inside game so SS is no joke. They are definitely a good team but not championship material like the boys are. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

8 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

The only reason is because you’re in the weakest substate in the tournament. I watched the game. Only way y’all score is fast break off press and post. No outside game whatsoever. Now having said that the press is pretty darn good and so is the inside game so SS is no joke. They are definitely a good team but not championship material like the boys are. 

Weakest naw! That will be region 8AA but we are close to the weakest but definitely not the weakest! We can score from all over the floor, just couldn’t score last night. We had 1 shooter quite because of Covid! We ain’t the best shooting team in the state but we get the job done! You don’t know what championship material is, it’s the luck of the draw! Never know what will happen! We didn’t press 1 time last night! We will handle business Saturday & get to the glasshouse! 

10 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

Jada finished with 31 points tonight. Hawkfan said they were going to give her the drive and cover the 3 from the others and that didn’t work for them. She was best player on the floor tonight 

I was wrong with my prediction. Sounds like it was a good game, would have loved to see it. That being said, these are the type of performances Harrison will have to have to get Westview to the title. She is very good at getting others involved; but at this point in the season when you are the best player on the floor you have to take over. Sounds like she did that tonight. 

Still think both teams have a great shot to get to the Boro. Covington won't be an easy game for SS, but is one they can win. Westview shouldn't have any issues getting past Fayette Ware, extending their tournament streak.

9 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Well what can I say! What a game! The game was much closer than the 8 points. 4 points came at the very end & WV knocked down their free throws! The refs determined the outcome of the game. They wasn’t coming 5 secs on WV & then call a foul on us on the 7th second! It was horrible tonight! I hate playing in Westview! They shot lights out at home like always! Besides the refs it was worth the hype! 

oh yea sorry I couldn’t keep everyone updated the internet is horrible there! 

You had already determined that the refs were going to decide the game before it ever started. That excuse was lined up early. Harrison scoring 31 and SS struggling against the zone is what it came down to.

29 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Weakest naw! That will be region 8AA but we are close to the weakest but definitely not the weakest! We can score from all over the floor, just couldn’t score last night. We had 1 shooter quite because of Covid! We ain’t the best shooting team in the state but we get the job done! You don’t know what championship material is, it’s the luck of the draw! Never know what will happen! We didn’t press 1 time last night! We will handle business Saturday & get to the glasshouse! 

Were you at the same game I was? "We didn't press 1 time last night!" is not a true statement. Jada was guarded full court the entire time. You also started out the game in a 2-2-1 press but then came out of it. You may not have ran your normal press or whatever you are referring to but Westview was guarded man to man full court the majority of the game last night

13 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

You had already determined that the refs were going to decide the game before it ever started. That excuse was lined up early. Harrison scoring 31 and SS struggling against the zone is what it came down to.

And coming into the night, that's what Westview needed to do to win. Have a big night from Jada and control the tempo enough to get set up in that zone. South Side needed to let the supporting cast have to beat them and get out in transition. Sounds like Westview went 2 for 2 and South Side went 0 for 2. You can blame officiating or anything else, but going into the night those were the keys I laid out. Whoever could do what they wanted to do would win. Last night, that was Westview.