South Side vs Westview (7-AA region title)

dmm88

Just now, sportslover88 said:

Jada finished with 31 points tonight. Hawkfan said they were going to give her the drive and cover the 3 from the others and that didn’t work for them. She was best player on the floor tonight 

Congrats on a great win!! Westview is for real!!!

• Like 1

Classic game!!!! The top two teams in AA and it certainly lived up to all the hype. Aside from the officiating, which I won't discuss South Side had chances to win, but it all comes back to small details and that was the difference. Jada Harrison is a SEC player, point blank. Big time players step up in big game situations. Best of luck to both in sectionals and let's get a state championship rematch!!!

Well what can I say! What a game! The game was much closer than the 8 points. 4 points came at the very end & WV knocked down their free throws! The refs determined the outcome of the game. They wasn’t coming 5 secs on WV & then call a foul on us on the 7th second! It was horrible tonight! I hate playing in Westview! They shot lights out at home like always! Besides the refs it was worth the hype! 

oh yea sorry I couldn’t keep everyone updated the internet is horrible there! 

Edited by HawkGuy06

The refs missed some calls, but Jada Harrison taking over that second half and South Side struggling against the zone is what ultimately decided the game. The kid is big time!

South Side has a heck of a team, and I think they will go down to Covington and win. McNeal and Comer have done a great job with this team and have no doubt in my mind that they can compete for a gold ball this year. I'm hoping to see South Side in Murfreesboro!

Edited by GCPioneer

20 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

The refs missed some calls, but Jada Harrison taking over that second half and South Side struggling against the zone is what ultimately decided the game. The kid is big time!

South Side has a heck of a team, and I think they will go down to Covington and win. McNeal and Comer have done a great job with this team and have no doubt in my mind that they can compete for a gold ball this year. I'm hoping to see South Side in Murfreesboro!

Missed a lot of calls but yea Jada is a great player! I would hate to see her as a senior! 2 more years to grow her game 

39 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

Classic game!!!! The top two teams in AA and it certainly lived up to all the hype. Aside from the officiating, which I won't discuss South Side had chances to win, but it all comes back to small details and that was the difference. Jada Harrison is a SEC player, point blank. Big time players step up in big game situations. Best of luck to both in sectionals and let's get a state championship rematch!!!

We definitely had our chances! But the officials was horrible! You not even a South Side fan smh! We will see them again on a neutral floor & we win by 7-10 

6 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

We definitely had our chances! But the officials was horrible! You not even a South Side fan smh! We will see them again on a neutral floor & we win by 7-10 

I knew South Side would come on here and try to blame it on the officiating. The officiating did not decide the outcome of that game. South side had turnovers that cost them and couldn’t knock down shots when they needed them the most.