AA Substate Predictions

sportslover88

29 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

I'm guessing that you breathed a sigh of relief with York instead of Upperman. Upperman was pretty much the same team Meigs played in Greeneville last season, when the game went to overtime after the Levy kid missed a layup. Ten points is accurate, given that Meigs is playing at home. Good Luck!

Yes I did, but what some people don’t understand is that Meigs and Upperman are really close. Both have pretty much the same teams from last year. Meigs lost two good roll players but returned all 5 starters that all have signed to play at the next level. Those girls can play and York might win but I believe they will have to play a really good game to do so.

56 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Yes I did, but what some people don’t understand is that Meigs and Upperman are really close. Both have pretty much the same teams from last year. Meigs lost two good roll players but returned all 5 starters that all have signed to play at the next level. Those girls can play and York might win but I believe they will have to play a really good game to do so.

I checked out Meigs' schedule. It looks like their 4 losses were to AAA teams. You should do well in the tourney.

6 minutes ago, Americal198 said:

I checked out Meigs' schedule. It looks like their 4 losses were to AAA teams. You should do well in the tourney.

Yes and all three of those teams will probably be in the AAA state tournament. And those games came at the beginning of the season, not saying Meigs would have won but they had almost no practice time. All those girls play Volleyball and they made it to state then COVID hit. Meigs lost playing about 10 more games this year. But I guess that’s happened to a lot of teams.

On 3/4/2021 at 10:09 AM, sportslover88 said:

Who wins the AA Substate games for a ticket to the Glass House?

Alcoa at Grainger

South Greene at Northview Academy

York at Meigs

McMinn Central at Macon Co

Stewart Co at Maplewood

East Nashville at Creekwood

Fayette Ware at Westview

South Side at Covington

Grainger has already beat Alcoa twice (9 and 13) but I bet Grainger will not overlook Alcoa like they almost did South Greene.  Alcoa defends as good as any team I have seen this year but a huge drop off when they go to the bench.

South Greene just came out of the gate against Grainger and just smacked them right in the mouth.  I know it's hard beating anyone 3 times but 4 times is really tough especially against South Greene.  I think if South Greene plays like they did against Grainger without the turnovers they beat Northview.  They defend well.... don't ever overlook South Greene this time of the year.

Grainger

South Greene

Meigs

Macon Co.

Maplewood

Creekwood

Westview

South Side

Edited by VFL365

13 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

york want quit and can play. i feel like meigs will win but i promise you'll know york is there they will not go quietly.

12 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Meigs will need to create turnovers wear down York with pressure d. If they can't Meigs will be sucking their thumb again.

17 hours ago, Americal198 said:

I'm guessing that you breathed a sigh of relief with York instead of Upperman. Upperman was pretty much the same team Meigs played in Greeneville last season, when the game went to overtime after the Levy kid missed a layup. Ten points is accurate, given that Meigs is playing at home. Good Luck!

If York can win at Upperman they can win at Meigs. I’ll say York by 3.  39-36

22 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Yes and all three of those teams will probably be in the AAA state tournament. And those games came at the beginning of the season, not saying Meigs would have won but they had almost no practice time. All those girls play Volleyball and they made it to state then COVID hit. Meigs lost playing about 10 more games this year. But I guess that’s happened to a lot of teams.

South Greene had two different quarantine periods. Several non-conference games were cancelled. It's hard to stay in game shape that way. The last month things have begun to get back to normal for everyone. Got two tickets for Northview tonight. 

• Like 1

Alcoa at Grainger

South Greene at Northview Academy

York at Meigs

McMinn Central at Macon Co

I don't know a lot about the West teams in substate, but at this stage any of the teams above could beat the other team in a close game - or by 10 points. A surge in one of the quarters may be enough of a gap to maintain and win. There are many good or bad things that could happen to either team this evening that will likely dictate the outcome. They all have earned the right to be playing tonight, but it's win and advance or lose and close the season.  Wishing all the teams a safe game and their best effort.