Loretto vs Summertown (Round 4)

mas1821

10 hours ago, mas1821 said:

Didn’t know they actually played together at Lawrence County and both won a Silver Ball there. I knew the Loretto coach played at Freed. I have never met the Loretto coach but I know she sent a letter to one of our guards that went down last year with a knee injury and lots of folks from West TN know her because she played college here but that was real classy. I have met both Summertown coaches as they have been to our tournaments twice in the last three years and they are good people as well. Good luck to both of them!! 

1 hour ago, mas1821 said:

20-18 Loretto at half.

Refs letting a LOT go.  Very unlike normal state tourney officiating.

Both teams playing good D.

Karly's shot is off so far.  Missed every 3 and mid to long 2 she's put up.  Hopefully she starts driving more to kick it out or draw fouls.

Congratulations brother!! Loretto got hot at the right time!! Loretto looked to be a little more poised today. Summertown a different team today without Burnette as she stayed in foul trouble a lot of the game. And you have to think the bottom bracket wore them down a bit with OT against Clarkrange. Loretto looked solid today and both teams will be solid again next year. Congratulations to both teams!! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Congratulations brother!! Loretto got hot at the right time!! Loretto looked to be a little more poised today. Summertown a different team today without Burnette as she stayed in foul trouble a lot of the game. And you have to think the bottom bracket wore them down a bit with OT against Clarkrange. Loretto looked solid today and both teams will be solid again next year. Congratulations to both teams!! 

Thanks buddy.  It was a war today.  Refs let a lot slide on both sides.  Great game!

Next year is gonna be fun!  

15 hours ago, JBT35 said:

A little added bonus. These same two schools just played in the State Volleyball Championship as well. A lot of the same players from both schools play both sports. Summertown won all 7 meetings in volleyball which included District, Region, and State title. Now here we go again. Unbelievable to have two schools from same District and County playing each other for one State Title much less 2 in same year. With Summertown winning all 3 contest this year in basketball as well, I would say Loretto is more than due. And will be highly motivated! I think Summertown is the better overall team but just came through a very hard bracket. Add that to just the odds of trying to beat a good team over and over tips the scales to Loretto in my opinion. We will soon see. Either way hats off to both  schools and an amazing bunch of athletes!

Also, on the floor these two teams do don’t like each other. Off the floor many players are friends with some even growing up playing summer ball together. It’s cool and crazy all at the same time.  

5 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Ref cost us the game / oh wait I’m not from —- 

Great year man!! Bottom bracket didn’t do you any favors. Watched it on computer. Hard to tell about refs. Burnette foul trouble hurt you bad because Summertown’s offense struggled with her on the bench. Congratulations on a great year!! 

Edited by pioneer42