District 5-AAAA 2021-2022

FootballFan51

4 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Cleveland appears to be playing pretty well.   After Riverdale lost to EH, that Riverdale win doesn't look nearly as impressive but the blowout win over CC was very impressive.  Cumberland County has some really good players and is a team on the rise.   Cleveland may have something cooking down there.

Cleveland is talented and well coached but I believe the game between Cleveland and Cumberland County would have been closer if CC had not just finished playing Stewarts Creek for a 2 pt loss at that playday. 

13 hours ago, BasketballFam said:

Cleveland is talented and well coached but I believe the game between Cleveland and Cumberland County would have been closer if CC had not just finished playing Stewarts Creek for a 2 pt loss at that playday. 

Regardless of how many games they played, that was a butt kicking.  CC is too good for that.  They have been playing back to back and multiple games all summer camp and during play days this fall.  I don’t buy that reason.  Could have just been a very bad game for them and a good game for Cleveland.  Going to be interesting to see how things turn out down in this district.  

7 hours ago, Dadof23 said:

Did Cleveland girls not play Cumberland in the 2nd game of a back to back while Cumberland actually had a game to rest after Stewart's Creek?  That was the schedule that was in the paper.  Could have been a mistake.

Yes, but EH was no contest for Cleveland and CC probably would have played better without the wait.  It’s the sitting time after a tough game that hurts. CC just seemed to not be able to get their momentum back. CC was definitely a different team than what we watched when they played SC. Not saying CC would have won, just saying it would have been a better game. 

On 11/27/2021 at 4:31 AM, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

These teams at the Bradley thanksgiving classic aren’t any good at all. 

East Hamilton did beat Riverdale last week, but you are generally correct. Ensworth & Baylor used to make it a stronger field. Not sure why they can’t get more good teams to play. I’m sure Cleveland was hoping for some better competition when they agreed to play. 

3 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

Lets hear those Cleveland vs Bradley predictions?  I haven't seen Cleveland play this year so I don't know exactly what they have but I did see BC play when we beat them this summer.  They definitely lost alot from last years team but are still a good team.   Does the streak end this year?  

Cleveland can beat them, not saying they will, but they definitely have the best shot in the district.

On 12/2/2021 at 4:18 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

Lets hear those Cleveland vs Bradley predictions?  I haven't seen Cleveland play this year so I don't know exactly what they have but I did see BC play when we beat them this summer.  They definitely lost alot from last years team but are still a good team.   Does the streak end this year?  

No

On 12/2/2021 at 5:18 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

You can always count on LadyCavsFan to pump up a good ole “summer ball” victory. I have no doubt that Cookeville would have lots of gold balls if they were handed out in the summer. 

• Like 1