Dobyns-Bennett 2021Offseason

DBKPT93

Been super dry on coach T recently. Figured we could get started talking about what we think about the upcoming season. 

When does spring practice start? Going to be important for our development after graduating 20 of 22 starting positions.

KCS Athletic Department released the schedule recently:

8/20: @TN High

8/27: Volunteer

9/3: @Mo East

9/10: Crockett

9/17: West Ridge

9/24: @Greeneville

10/1: Jeff County

10/15: @William Blount

10/22: @Oak Ridge

10/29: Science Hill

Any thoughts?

Now days that I don't don't have an Indian playing, I will pull for the Tribe to roll into the playoffs at 9-1.That said, you never know how things will go at this point.I like all the coaches that I know on the staff and if the Tribe were to beat my Devils, I guess I'd get over it if the Devils win five playoff games afterwards.like to see DB have a great deep run this year but don't have a clue as to their depth and know 6A is very tough from the third round on every year.

8/20: @TN High...........(WIN)
8/27: Volunteer..........(WIN)
9/3: @Mo East............(WIN)
9/10: Crockett...........(WIN)
9/17: West Ridge.........(WIN)
9/24: @Greeneville.......(LOSS)
10/1: Jeff County........(WIN)
10/15: @William Blount...(Tossup)
10/22: @Oak Ridge........(Tossup)
10/29: Science Hill......(LOSS)

Final record could be as good as 8-2, but that seems unlikely after graduating 20 guys

1 minute ago, BatmanDB said:

Something else to consider is what all the other teams have this year.Hope it's not a perfect storm like 2009 when it seems like every local team had their best team in years and DB was rebuilding. 

I only know about a few locals.... Boone and Crockett will both be down from last year, although DB does not play Boone....   and rumor has it that South will be non-existent this year, haha.....    Volunteer, well no offense to Falcon Nation but an average DB team could draw out plays in the dirt in the huddle and still win that one.    TN High has not beaten DB in so many years you have to think that one is a DB win.....   Until DB can beat the Hill you have to give the edge to the Toppers.

Never forget a DB coach years ago saying coach Carter couldn't beat us at South and he wouldn't at SH.I posted on here afterwards that I thought SH would be a problem in the future. It made no sense with all their athetes in every other sport .All they needed was  a pretty good coach who could get the program going and bring out the talent in the fall.

1 hour ago, BatmanDB said:

Never forget a DB coach years ago saying coach Carter couldn't beat us at South and he wouldn't at SH.I posted on here afterwards that I thought SH would be a problem in the future. It made no sense with all their athetes in every other sport .All they needed was  a pretty good coach who could get the program going and bring out the talent in the fall.

Carter has never been more than a average coach and Science Hill has never been more than a average team so it's been a perfect marriage. That quarterback Kurt whatshisname that played for South for three years put Carter on the map. Kinda' like coach Watson put Clark on the map.  A lot of people said Science Hill would take off when Carter went over there because of all the talent they had.  It ain't gonna' happen. Sure they've got DB's number now for some reason. DB should be embarrassed, especially the past two years. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo

On 4/21/2021 at 11:25 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

Carter has never been more than a average coach and Science Hill has never been more than a average team so it's been a perfect marriage. That quarterback Kurt whatshisname that played for South for three years put Carter on the map. Kinda' like coach Watson put Clark on the map.  A lot of people said Science Hill would take off when Carter went over there because of all the talent they had.  It ain't gonna' happen. Sure they've got DB's number now for some reason. DB should be embarrassed, especially the past two years. 

Agree with the past two years. DB was the better team both games, and played lousy. Hopefully we can get some young kids ready to play this year, our schedule does seem to favor a rebuilding year, but there are a bunch of unknowns within our team.

On a bright note I heard from someone the other day that a tall receiver from Abingdon transferred in a few months ago. Not sure of his capabilities but the guy telling me about him sounded very promising.

Any word about any Sullivan county kids transferring in instead of going to West Ridge, I had heard a few were thinking about it, but wasn’t sure if any actually did.

Westridge lost two incoming freshman players from South to Science Hill and a couple of the Central basketball players to Volunteer. DB will better than average but DB in my life time will never even sniff a football championship. They are and will continue to be the most over rated sports program in the history of the state of Tennessee. The big three are 0-fer at winning championships on the field of play not a newspapers opinion page.

1 hour ago, DBKPT93 said:

Agree with the past two years. DB was the better team both games, and played lousy. Hopefully we can get some young kids ready to play this year, our schedule does seem to favor a rebuilding year, but there are a bunch of unknowns within our team.

On a bright note I heard from someone the other day that a tall receiver from Abingdon transferred in a few months ago. Not sure of his capabilities but the guy telling me about him sounded very promising.

Any word about any Sullivan county kids transferring in instead of going to West Ridge, I had heard a few were thinking about it, but wasn’t sure if any actually did.

• Like 1