Blackman announces new coaches

CougarDadx2

2 hours ago, BoroFootball said:

Taken out of context how? Like he’s responsible for transfers? 
I’m sure Tygard understands he needs transfers to compete with Oakland and Riverdale who consistently get top talent to move in but he also knows he can’t publicize that info. That will get you on probation real quick. Ask the state champs.  

Blackman hasn't had any problem getting college talent to transfer in. Where they have failed in taking advantage of that talent. 

Oakland got on probation on the flimsiest evidence. TSSAA admitted as much that they had no proof that Oakland actually recruited the player in question. 

If your at a large school, you need a coach (or two) that is responsible for getting your players the kind of exposure they deserve. I'Tavius Mathers is in a unique position to do that on multiple levels since he played in the SEC and C-USA

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

Blackman hasn't had any problem getting college talent to transfer in. Where they have failed in taking advantage of that talent. 

Oakland got on probation on the flimsiest evidence. TSSAA admitted as much that they had no proof that Oakland actually recruited the player in question. 

If your at a large school, you need a coach (or two) that is responsible for getting your players the kind of exposure they deserve. I'Tavius Mathers is in a unique position to do that on multiple levels since he played in the SEC and C-USA

And was drafted to play for the Jags.... He might understand ho to pitch players to coaches in a way that gets them viewed a little more often. He also can speak to the players about work ethic and getting to that next level and young enough to have the respect and buy in 

23 hours ago, 615RumorMill said:

Schools with recruiting coordinators:

Brentwood

Oakland

Riverdale

Mt. Juliet

Summit

These are just off the top of my head, but any school without someone in a position such as this is doing a disservice to their players.

This rite hear iz vurry vurry ennurustin'.....Eye jist trys two taik my Cassy-O stop waitch wif me onn my routs and time sum ov tha kidz inn tha naborhoods.......Looks like thes Mid-Tinns ere takin' this vurry vurry moore sirryus.....:unsure:

Edited by STARSNBARS
  • Upvote 1

On 5/3/2021 at 2:17 PM, MidTennFootball said:

Mathers was great player who always ran with a passion.

3 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

This rite hear iz vurry vurry ennurustin'.....Eye jist trys two taik my Cassy-O stop waitch wif me onn my routs and time sum ov tha kidz inn tha naborhoods.......Looks like thes Mid-Tinns ere takin' this vurry vurry moore sirryus.....:unsure:

Whoa....there hoss.  Let's don't make more out of this than it is.  

On 5/4/2021 at 6:26 PM, MidTennFootball said:

Because recruiting coordinator is easier to say

MidTenn it is easier to say, but does create a little angst with those who associate it with recruiting athletes to a certain high school.

Edited by TomLHS

7 hours ago, TomLHS said:

MidTenn it is easier to say, but does create a little angst with those who associate it with recruiting athletes to a certain high school.

Creates angst among the masses on a message board that know nothing about a how a high school program operates. You are severely uninformed on this topic. Acknowledge it and go away.

41 minutes ago, 615RumorMill said:

Creates angst among the masses on a message board that know nothing about a how a high school program operates. You are severely uninformed on this topic. Acknowledge it and go away.

Why don’t you shut your pie hole and go back to the Rumor Mill (aka your mom’s basement). No one on here cares what you have to say. Your a bum. Be gone. 

It doesn’t matter what people associate it with. Parents and players want to know that their high school is doing everything they can to get their kids opportunities for scholarships. Naming a coach in charge of this is a smart move to assure everyone inside and outside of your program that you have a dedicated staff member working on this.