Oneida Football

Spike016

1 hour ago, crow said:

We’ve got the horses to run with you big boys this year. Just not sure we’ll let ‘em have enough reign to run though. I’m expecting us to be in a 3/4 battle with probably Rockwood. Hope I’m wrong. With the talent we have and an off season addition of a stud that moved back here from out of state we could make some folks nervous. Just gotta see how the staff handles what we’ve got. If we lay an egg this year you’ll know why. 

You normally play us really well. Rockwood always seem to give you guys fits. After playing you both sometimes I wondered why you struggled with them or even lost sometimes when I felt you had the superior team. 

1 hour ago, Spike016 said:

Should actually have 2 QBs got the bruiser and the sophomore that got hurt early in the season last year and missed rest of the season. 

Honestly sounds like you could be really good this year. Hope the coaches let your athletes open it up some.

48 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

You heard right! I don’t know what they fed him or what he done while he was gone but It worked. He will be a force this season!

I’ve saw him. Just haven’t saw him on the field. Yes he absolutely looks the part for sure. 

Edited by crow
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

LB/RB and I’d say he will bust some holes for the other RBs as well if I am guessin. I could also see him being used as a DE and rushing the QB on 3rd down situations.  

If we rush him from the back side he will be a nightmare for a drop back passer IMO. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yeti said:

You normally play us really well. Rockwood always seem to give you guys fits. After playing you both sometimes I wondered why you struggled with them or even lost sometimes when I felt you had the superior team. 

Honestly sounds like you could be really good this year. Hope the coaches let your athletes open it up some.

I look for the sophomore to be “the guy” at QB this year. He has the right tool box to be a very good QB. Our RB / LB /DE room will be loaded and should have a very solid line in both sides. Secondary might be a question mark early but they’re more experienced and talented as well. Like I said with the right philosophy this group will be very tough. The wrong one and well let’s just say not so much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crow said:

I look for the sophomore to be “the guy” at QB this year. He has the right tool box to be a very good QB. Our RB / LB /DE room will be loaded and should have a very solid line in both sides. Secondary might be a question mark early but they’re more experienced and talented as well. Like I said with the right philosophy this group will be very tough. The wrong one and well let’s just say not so much. 

Thats good to hear considering he's young. You all have always had one of the best lines we played during the regular season. Not sure that will ever be a question mark for you guys. The qb from last year will he move to rb?

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

Thats good to hear considering he's young. You all have always had one of the best lines we played during the regular season. Not sure that will ever be a question mark for you guys. The qb from last year will he move to rb?

I’d say he’ll be in the RB rotation but doubt he’ll be “the one”. We’ve got several really good backs now. I’d say he’ll be at MLB and a short yardage back but if the offensive scheme is a heavy RPO style he could easily be the QB. Honestly the new staff hasn’t shown their hand on what they plan to do yet. Probably because they either aren’t changing much (my personal belief) or they haven’t had time to implement any real change yet. Until I see what they plan to do it’s really hard to say how anyone will actually be used. I know I’d love to see the sophomore at QB, the bruiser at FB / hybrid TE type, the stud at RB and the kid that didn’t play until playoffs at slot/wing but I’m sure that lineup isn’t likely. Besides I’m no coach so there’s probably reasons that wouldn’t work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crow said:

I’d say he’ll be in the RB rotation but doubt he’ll be “the one”. We’ve got several really good backs now. I’d say he’ll be at MLB and a short yardage back but if the offensive scheme is a heavy RPO style he could easily be the QB. Honestly the new staff hasn’t shown their hand on what they plan to do yet. Probably because they either aren’t changing much (my personal belief) or they haven’t had time to implement any real change yet. Until I see what they plan to do it’s really hard to say how anyone will actually be used. I know I’d love to see the sophomore at QB, the bruiser at FB / hybrid TE type, the stud at RB and the kid that didn’t play until playoffs at slot/wing but I’m sure that lineup isn’t likely. Besides I’m no coach so there’s probably reasons that wouldn’t work. 

After seeing him play with his size last years qb would be a great 3rd down guy. At a guess he weighs 260 or so? Decent speed for that size. He reminded me of Trousdales qb of last season. 

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

After seeing him play with his size last years qb would be a great 3rd down guy. At a guess he weighs 260 or so? Decent speed for that size. He reminded me of Trousdales qb of last season. 

Don’t think he’s quite that big. Probably 220-230 but he’s a bruiser. 

• Like 1