Oneida Football

Spike016

On 7/7/2021 at 12:54 PM, crow said:

I’d say he’ll be in the RB rotation but doubt he’ll be “the one”. We’ve got several really good backs now. I’d say he’ll be at MLB and a short yardage back but if the offensive scheme is a heavy RPO style he could easily be the QB. Honestly the new staff hasn’t shown their hand on what they plan to do yet. Probably because they either aren’t changing much (my personal belief) or they haven’t had time to implement any real change yet. Until I see what they plan to do it’s really hard to say how anyone will actually be used. I know I’d love to see the sophomore at QB, the bruiser at FB / hybrid TE type, the stud at RB and the kid that didn’t play until playoffs at slot/wing but I’m sure that lineup isn’t likely. Besides I’m no coach so there’s probably reasons that wouldn’t work. 

RPO lol that made me laugh.

On 7/7/2021 at 1:12 PM, Yeti said:

After seeing him play with his size last years qb would be a great 3rd down guy. At a guess he weighs 260 or so? Decent speed for that size. He reminded me of Trousdales qb of last season. 

On 7/7/2021 at 3:06 PM, crow said:

Don’t think he’s quite that big. Probably 220-230 but he’s a bruiser. 

Sounds like he'd be a good offensive guard :roflol:

53 minutes ago, TheBest2018 said:

Sounds like he'd be a good offensive guard :roflol:

I’d say he would be. He’s the kind of kid that could literally play any front 7 position on defense and all but WR on offense. Just a tough athletic kid. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TheBest2018 said:

RPO lol that made me laugh.

Yes I agree completely lol. That’s why I’m guessing he will play a bigger role at a position other than QB. I see home getting some time there in specialty situations but short of injuries forcing him to play there I’d say he’ll hang his hat somewhere other than QB. Then again all my “information” is complete speculation because I haven’t saw or heard anything first hand on this team. 

• Like 1

On 7/7/2021 at 9:43 AM, crow said:

We’ve got the horses to run with you big boys this year. Just not sure we’ll let ‘em have enough reign to run though. I’m expecting us to be in a 3/4 battle with probably Rockwood. Hope I’m wrong. With the talent we have and an off season addition of a stud that moved back here from out of state we could make some folks nervous. Just gotta see how the staff handles what we’ve got. If we lay an egg this year you’ll know why. 

What does Monterey and York have returning? I know York only won a couple of games each last year. York moving down to 2A might help them having played larger teams "possibly" if they have experience returning. Monterey I have no clue about them, but last year their 2020 record of 9 wins, 1 a cov win.

As far as Rockwood they always come to play no matter the amount of returning starters and etc especially against Oneida. Like someone stated previously they sometimes win when most think Oneida should have the better team. #15 for them at RB if he's still at there(think he was a sophomore in 2020) was a key player.

I guess the key is what Oneida has now and how the new staff uses them like you stated, if they change up anything and etc. As usual I hope they start throwing the ball more, I think the 1 dimensional run strategy has definitely ran(no pun intended) it's course especially if they are to make more than 1 round into the playoffs.

Fri Aug. 20 5:30 PM icon-game12.gif Williamsburg (KY) N
Cumberland Falls Bowl at Corbin High School, Corbin, KY

Fri Aug. 27 7:30 PM icon-game12.gif Greenback

Fri Sep. 3 7:30 PM icon-game12.gif at Wartburg 

Fri Sep. 10 7:30 PM icon-game12.gif Oliver Springs

Fri Sep. 17 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at York Institute R

Fri Sep. 24 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Northview Academy

Fri Oct. 1 7:30 PM icon-game12.gif Rockwood R

Fri Oct. 15 7:30 PM icon-game12.gif Monterey R

Fri Oct. 22 7:30 PM icon-game12.gif at Sequoyah (4A but no wins in 2020 and lost big to Sweetwater)

Fri Oct. 29 7:00 PM icon-game12.gif at Coalfield
Edited by TheOgre78