Oneida Football

Spike016

1 hour ago, TheBest2018 said:

He was already running the offense. so wouldn't you expect the same thing??

Probably. My only hope is he won’t be quite as “ball control” oriented as the previous HC. Sorta like if Cheney had a different HC than Pruitt. It’s true an OC calls the plays but the HC decides the overall game plan and philosophy. Do I expect major changes? No but He was the HC when most of the all time program passing records were set and he did play QB so I’m hoping for a little less predictability and a little more balance. Never wanted us to be a Josh Hypel style offense but just not scared to death of the forward pass would be nice. We’ll see which way we go. If we stay with the offensive philosophy we’ve had we won’t do much more than we’ve been doing. 

Edited by crow
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, crow said:

Probably. My only hope is he won’t be quite as “ball control” oriented as the previous HC. Sorta like if Cheney had a different HC than Pruitt. It’s true an OC calls the plays but the HC decides the overall game plan and philosophy. Do I expect major changes? No but He was the HC when most of the all time program passing records were set and he did play QB so I’m hoping for a little less predictability and a little more balance. Never wanted us to be a Josh Hypel style offense but just not scared to death of the forward pass would be nice. We’ll see which way we go. If we stay with the offensive philosophy we’ve had we won’t do much more than we’ve been doing. 

Bet we sling it a little more this season, got a crop of good receivers and strong at the QB spot. We'll still be a run 1st team but not afraid to put it up. Was impressed  with the improvement  in our spring practices. Just hope the bulk continues to work this summer.

47 minutes ago, crow said:

Crow let me ask you a question. Ive been talking to this Bradley man that coaches at that Webb school.  He runs this west coast offence here in Tennessee.  I garuntee these teams are not used to seeing a offence from the west coast.  He beat that Rankin man twice.  This May man should look into that.  Ive told that Jones man that he should do a west coast offence and Canadian style offence at south Pittsburg.  You think im joking but im not. 

3 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Crow let me ask you a question. Ive been talking to this Bradley man that coaches at that Webb school.  He runs this west coast offence here in Tennessee.  I garuntee these teams are not used to seeing a offence from the west coast.  He beat that Rankin man twice.  This May man should look into that.  Ive told that Jones man that he should do a west coast offence and Canadian style offence at south Pittsburg.  You think im joking but im not. 

Well I’m not sure we’re a true “west coast” team but we are certainly capable of being more open than we have been. We will lose a notch on defense I expect with Lambert leaving so we better be able to score a little more or we’re toast. 

Edited by crow
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...