Greenback 2021

orngnblk

58 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Interested to see if we can compete at alll with a top tier program like We used to be!

I'm sure you will do just fine. Not as young as last year and that's a plus. How many returning starters do you have from last years team?

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

I'm sure you will do just fine. Not as young as last year and that's a plus. How many returning starters do you have from last years team?

I'm guessing probably 7 on each side of the ball because they all play both ways anyway. We do have a new quarterback he's a young and he didn't want to play it last year he came out this year and said he wanted to try it,decent size kid his daddy was a quarterback for Vonore when I played so hopefully his daddy will give him some help his daddy was a real athlete.

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

We just have zero depth at the line position and we all know if you're going to advance to the playoffs you got to have a decent line.Skill position I think we'll be fine but we are hurting in the line.

26 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I'm guessing probably 7 on each side of the ball because they all play both ways anyway. We do have a new quarterback he's a young and he didn't want to play it last year he came out this year and said he wanted to try it,decent size kid his daddy was a quarterback for Vonore when I played so hopefully his daddy will give him some help his daddy was a real athlete.

What year is the kid?

25 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

We just have zero depth at the line position and we all know if you're going to advance to the playoffs you got to have a decent line.Skill position I think we'll be fine but we are hurting in the line.

Alot of unknowns for us as well still, but that's what these scrimmages are for I guess. I'm not sure exact numbers, but we return more on defense than offense this year.

As I stated earlier we are young and it shows.Have the bones of a pretty good team in the near future but not this year.I see us struggle to win 4 games.Meigs was tough but not as good as years past.Our D did a "decent" job against the Tigers but our O well it's just not that good.Our kids are very out of shape,heard the new Coach dont even have a conditioning routine.Just practice and go home which concerns me alot!We need to be in the best physical shape possible playing both ways.This was never an issue before now.We have Kingston at home Tuesday and I cant mak that one so maybe we can get something going by then.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Sad 2

Meigs has the players to get to where they want to be.They have good size and speed when they get loose.They will improve week to week.Their coaching staff is as always impressive.They coached their kids from down 1.

We have to find some kind of offense!We did have some open recievers that we didnt capitalize on but we are gonna have to run the ball.Had #3 back at QB,would love to see him at his true position RB and let the young QB grow into the position.He has good size and looks the part just needs confidence.It was the first scrimmage and we have a ton to work on.We had one of our best backs on the sidelines with an injury and I hope he will be able to play this year.We will miss him on both sides badly.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Meigs has the players to get to where they want to be.They have good size and speed when they get loose.They will improve week to week.Their coaching staff is as always impressive.They coached their kids from down 1.

We have to find some kind of offense!We did have some open recievers that we didnt capitalize on but we are gonna have to run the ball.Had #3 back at QB,would love to see him at his true position RB and let the young QB grow into the position.He has good size and looks the part just needs confidence.It was the first scrimmage and we have a ton to work on.We had one of our best backs on the sidelines with an injury and I hope he will be able to play this year.We will miss him on both sides badly.

I believe overall you all are better than last year. I was impressed with your lineplay and your defense was better than last years team already from what I saw. Few games in you will be hitting full stride. I think you will have a fair shot of winning your region.

13 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I believe overall you all are better than last year. I was impressed with your lineplay and your defense was better than last years team already from what I saw. Few games in you will be hitting full stride. I think you will have a fair shot of winning your region.

That's why I haven't made any comment online play yet.I'm gonna see a couple games more They actually did look better than this time last year,So I want to see a couple games and see how they work out. There were some bright spots no doubt.But we have a killer schedule early.We need to be productive on the offensive side.

• Like 1