Henry County Patriots 2021

BigRed88

25 minutes ago, RagingRedPatriot said:

No kidding, maybe we will at least have a fighting chance. They lost their QB and WR to graduation too. 

That QB was a beast. Seems I remember hearing he was gonna play baseball in college, but I think he could tear it up on the gridiron.  

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Coach cruce is em absolute steal. Worked under coach Brent dearmon at bethel who worked under his malzahn. He will utilize your QBs arm very well. Y’all will be very balanced with the RPO

Awesome to hear. Not just for HC, but also our QB's development and potential future.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Don't think their odds change a whole lot. That's still a good staff Brentwood has, even without Crawford. They won't be hurting at QB or WR either

I’ve gotta disagree there. Not about their staff, but about the odds of that game being more winnable for HC this year. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigRed88 said:

I may be wrong but I think HC will be more balanced offensively than ever this season. 

I think our RB's will be more involved in the passing game this season. If the new OC favors a lot of RPO as I've read, then there will likely be a lot of quick passes and screens. We need someone to step up who can stretch the field at WR with Odoms gone. Jayce Kendall and Caden Marshall are probably at the forefront of that group, and both are fine athletes that can do multiple things.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MSURacer said:

I think our RB's will be more involved in the passing game this season. If the new OC favors a lot of RPO as I've read, then there will likely be a lot of quick passes and screens. We need someone to step up who can stretch the field at WR with Odoms gone. Jayce Kendall and Caden Marshall are probably at the forefront of that group, and both are fine athletes that can do multiple things.  

I agree. Again this is just me thinking and talking but I got a feeling the new OC may turn ol' Damron loose. He did have over 300 yards passing against last years 5A State Champions. Credit Odoms as well but Damron can definitely sling that ball.  A good solid passing game could definitely make the defense respect the pass which will give the run game a little more chance to be successful (especially behind big #76)

• Upvote 1

Coaches definitely getting them prepared. Look at this!

The Patriots’ first preseason scrimmage will come July 30 for freshmen, junior varsity and varsity teams at Christian Brothers High School in Memphis. On Aug. 6, Mongomery Bell Academy will come to Patriot Stadium for the same setup. The Patriots will again host a jamboree on Aug. 13 and will be working with Haywood County for two quarters. Counce said working with strong programs in a controlled environment in the preseason will help the Patriots get prepared to open the season against Class 6A opponents Summit and Beech.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, gr8tn08 said:

The Patriots’ first preseason scrimmage will come July 30 for freshmen, junior varsity and varsity teams at Christian Brothers High School in Memphis. On Aug. 6, Mongomery Bell Academy will come to Patriot Stadium for the same setup. The Patriots will again host a jamboree on Aug. 13 and will be working with Haywood County for two quarters. Counce said working with strong programs in a controlled environment in the preseason will help the Patriots get prepared to open the season against Class 6A opponents Summit and Beech.

Wow! Talk about a tough preseason. Sounds like the coaches wanna see what our kids are really made of. I love it! 

23 hours ago, gr8tn08 said:

Weird not having Milan on the scrimmage schedule.