Prep magazine

On the "newspaper" thingie if I wanted to read USA Today I'd buy it, which will never happen. The local sports news comes from Nashville and USA Today. Even "The Oak Ridger " over here to the Atomic City is printed by that bunch. PIT-A-FUL!!

I'm dun talking now! 

• Like 1

The only source that has any credibility in the Knoxville market right now is Jesse Smithey and the guys at 5 Star Preps.  They do a great job.  

But a close second is CB45 Sport Show.  Chad is a hidden gem.  And a real chick magnet.  

1 hour ago, madhatter2269 said:

to everyone that’s replied. I know the sentinel has went to crap and smithey is the best around. I just wasn’t sure if the week before the season a magazine was still put out at pilot

I think Gannett cut the book last year don't remember seeing it last year

And there will be yet another PrepXtra editor this fall.  That position has become one of transient reporters since Gannett decided that high school sports weren't worth their trouble.  

Sad, really.  

https://twitter.com/philkaplan/status/1417075702827036673?s=20

And an edit:  

Hopefully Gannett will hire a PrepXtra Editor this time who will at least stand for the national anthem at games he/she works.  

Edited by HTV

On 7/17/2021 at 7:54 PM, Jet Pride said:

Gannett has almost killed the Knoxville News Sentinel. I don't know many people who actually reads it anymore

Unfortunately the newspaper industry is all but dead and buried.  Young people (under the age of 50) do not read the newspaper on a regular basis.  They prefer to receive their news via the internet and social media sites.  

Edited by cbg