UC Welcomes LC to Tornado Alley Game 1

BigSwoShow

8 hours ago, truefalconfan said:

Terrible coach, poor clock management, underutilization of many of your skilled offensive weapons. 2 yard pass on 4th and 11. No urgency whatsoever. This has to be one of the most undisciplined lc teams I've seen in many years. I'm sure jeremy ceasar will be sore tomorrow, it's a darn shame that the coach allowed his quarterback to be tortured like that all night long smh

Pretty much the same exact thing I posted

8 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Refs? Nuetral guy here ! Your penalties was legit just like UC roughing the passer that gave you a shot to go down the field and win ! I have several people I consider friend from LC on here and I doubt they will disagree with this statement ! LC was by far the more talented team tonight and poor play and discipline  lost this game !!! LC is young and their coach has to step up and teach them winning ways, I don’t mean a game !I mean winning every play every quarter every inch on the grid iron ! It’s time for coach to reign in his “superstars”that are busy taunting on Facebook and snap and just perform !!!!! Let’s be honest you guys are young and talented but these kids was trolling Peabody telling our players the streak ends week 3 they coming ! I get it we go back and fourth here but from the glimpses I have seen you guys have to fix the culture of your young team ! It’s not to late to rock this season out for sure ! GL and pls don’t take my post as crap talk it’s not meant that way ! I’ve just seen y’all 3 times in 2 years and it’s a honest observation ! 

I agree

8 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

LC has not played another opponent since the opening week of the preseason. Had 5 starters out the second week. Got them back this week only to have 5 more players out with contact tracing. LC had a rough preseason. Things will get better. Nothing against UC at all but they were fortunate to win the game. The false start that was called on LC right before half was a joke. The LC receiver made the catch at the UC 12 yard line and then it was called back. It is supposed to be called before the play happened. Watched it twice now and still no false start. The refs were horrible.

That call was bad ! For sure

15 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

I agree

Have to agree with true falcon and tip toe,looked like peewee coaching and peewee play at times,clock management  in last quarter.Coach,LC wasn't winning.Little sense of urchengy.Would have had more time at end of game.2 yard pass On 4th and 11.Maybe qb did it on his own at spur of the moment.Hes young.Coach should told him, make sure throw  the ball at least 11 yards.Then sat there and watched play clock go to zero.Qb picked the ball off the ground a lot messing up the timing.And several times,LC ran out of bounds at the chains only to be called short.Making it a 4th and 2 once and a 4th and 1 and LC didn't make first down on 4th and one.Make sure from now on,they know where the chains are before going out of bounds.But a true fan knows there is more talent than what was showed tonight out of the team.

8 hours ago, BigSwoShow said:

Hey guys. I was not impressed with either team tonight. I didn’t say anything before the game because I never disclose any information about injuries or player situations on the T. The line that I have been talking about since I started this thread has suffered a huge setback. Two of our senior linemen were out tonight. One is lost for the season when he was injured during the jamboree last week. The other was held out tonight and could be back next week but that’s not for certain. We just didn’t look good. How much of a difference could those two guys could have made? I don’t know but I can tell you that we just didn’t look the same without them. Overall I am just happy that we came away with the win. It was ugly but I’ll take. On a better note, it was my pleasure to meet Shocker tonight and to sit and watch the game with PeabodyPride. Good luck to LC the rest of the season. My Tornadoes have a long way to go 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This guy makes it hard to root against UC, just a class act ! It was a pleasure “HopAlongSwo” 

• Like 1

Wish there was some positives to take away from last night…I have none! Disappointment is the only word! Good luck to UC.  LC better get to work or Central will put an L on us. Week 3 we need to quarantine! I guess it was a good game to some but for me I’d rather watch paint dry…boring game atmosphere was not exciting! Embarrassing 

15 minutes ago, shockernation said:

Wish there was some positives to take away from last night…I have none! Disappointment is the only word! Good luck to UC.  LC better get to work or Central will put an L on us. Week 3 we need to quarantine! I guess it was a good game to some but for me I’d rather watch paint dry…boring game atmosphere was not exciting! Embarrassing 

True

12 hours ago, Waker said:

Rebels are going to be tough to beat this season and will probably run the table with the exception of Peabody.
Huntingdon plays both Peabody and UC. I was hoping for some insight on UC. If your IQ dropped 40 extra points from my post I’m surprised you figured out how to respond. Does the donkey have Covid? 

Left the donkey at the Chinese restaurant last night!

17 minutes ago, shockernation said:

The only thing you gonna need quarantine from is Peabody Pride if you have pregame vittles at the ShockerNation homestead !!!!!

Coach Quinn said on Coach's Corner this morning via phone that they had the defensive game plan in place but the players failed to execute the plan. He said they got "bored" with assignments and didn't stay on their individual assignments. He said due to quarantine our 5 lineman played both ways for 4 qtrs. He praised the QB play and effort. He said the refs were "picky" calling in the 1st half . He said he will address things on Monday and get ready for OCCHS.

Edited by TipToe421