WEEK 1: Powell vs Anderson County

keepitmoving

2 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Yeah you were definitely right sweet...I seen AC run out of gas middle of 3rd and you don't run out of gas on team like Powell this year. They are loaded. Trying to figure out what Gaddis can muster up. It may be an uphill for any team this year.

Mavs, I really think you guys had the formula, if you hadn't run out of gas. I don't think Powell wins next week, and Catholic will be another animal too. But if there's anyone in 5A that mirrors what you guys do offensively, or someone can get some consistent pressure on Potts, Powell is very beatable. I figure West and Central will have something to say come playoff time.

1 minute ago, osunut2 said:

Mavs, I really think you guys had the formula, if you hadn't run out of gas. I don't think Powell wins next week, and Catholic will be another animal too. But if there's anyone in 5A that mirrors what you guys do offensively, or someone can get some consistent pressure on Potts, Powell is very beatable. I figure West and Central will have something to say come playoff time.

Well I know one thing for sure the Mavs can make a lot of good teams look worse than they are. But it can bring out the best for the future too. I think it's obvious Powell has the weapons and the Team. They were actually of course, IMO a step away almost every other play from scoring. More so of course in second half.

When the Mavs score too often too quickly in the past that drains our defense (keeps them on field too long) when 3rd and 4th come around the Mavs are lucky to be competing. We need to figure something out. I know our intentions were to get ahead with substantial margin take out the hearts then leave it up to Powell players to collapse. And that can work but we die it too early and we made some costly mistakes to keep Powell Morale down. We were just about there and I think just before half that AC fumble changed the whole momentum for Powell especially going into half.

Edited by Mavericksinflight