Boyd Buchanan @ Greenback

orngnblk

7 hours ago, WarChant said:

Boyd is big and fast. We won’t see anyone like that the rest of the year IMO. Athletes all over the field. I’m curious to see how the boys handle a loss like this. I don’t remember one this bad before. Hopefully it puts some spark in them. Our offensive play calling was non existent. 

About the boys confidence,that's a good point!They really looked beat down after the first quarter.Now they have to travel to Oneida against another big physical team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Oh yes we will!Loudon is huge and fast and have a much better QB.Webb will be a handful also.Our schedule is tough for a Soph led squad.

I had forgotten about playing loudon , but I don’t think Webb will be as good of a team as Boyd is. But for our region nothing even close. 

16 hours ago, orngnblk said:

We are not in football shape.As long as I have been around GB football we have NEVER had kids blowing chunks on the sidelines at the start of the second quarter!Kids played hard but they need conditioning and experience.

I still think we will matchup good in the playoffs.  You better get there! 

3 hours ago, crow said:

Sandbagger  :bored: 

Ok to be honest "we should" make it.

CF-right now we cant beat them and that's the plain truth.

Midway-Right now a toss up.

The rest we "should" beat on talent alone,but if we cant play a full 4 quarters,who knows what could happen.I know Boyd was good but we didnt even compete with them.If Boyd wouldnt have gotten over 50 yards of penalties on their second or third possession it would have been at least one score more in the first half (and they still scored on a 2nd and 40).Seeing some of our best players puking on the sidelines after 10 mins of play was ridiculous.

Right now we are a probable 3rd seed.

23 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Ok to be honest "we should" make it.

CF-right now we cant beat them and that's the plain truth.

Midway-Right now a toss up.

The rest we "should" beat on talent alone,but if we cant play a full 4 quarters,who knows what could happen.I know Boyd was good but we didnt even compete with them.If Boyd wouldnt have gotten over 50 yards of penalties on their second or third possession it would have been at least one score more in the first half (and they still scored on a 2nd and 40).Seeing some of our best players puking on the sidelines after 10 mins of play was ridiculous.

Right now we are a probable 3rd seed.

Great breakdown but I was actually referring to your assessment of how our game would go Friday :lol:

11 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I am making the trip for good food and watching a game with friends (I will explain the rest closer to Oct).But I expect Oneida to win handily.

Same reason I made a few trips to Greenback knowing full well we were gonna get waxed. Funny thing is we didn’t always. Now yes we did some and yes we lost all the recent ones but watching the pickup truck gang squirming late 4th tied at 14 and us with the ball was priceless! We stalled and Willis torched us but it was still fun lol. Point is both are traditionally great football communities, friends and deep rivals. Never know what’ll happen with us playing each other. 

Edited by crow

1 minute ago, crow said:

Same reason I made a few trips to Greenback knowing full well we were gonna get waxed. Funny thing is we didn’t always. Now yes we did some and yes we lost all the recent ones but watching the pickup truck gang squirming late 4th tied at 14 and us with the ball was priceless! We stalled and Willis torched us but it was still fun lol. 

Two good fan bases and plenty of community pride, always makes for a fun game. Watched Greenback a few time last season, had some really good looking young kids. I expect they will be headed in the right direction soon. Not sure about the new coach,hope the feller does well.

1 minute ago, pujo said:

Two good fan bases and plenty of community pride, always makes for a fun game. Watched Greenback a few time last season, had some really good looking young kids. I expect they will be headed in the right direction soon. Not sure about the new coach,hope the feller does well.

I’ve said it before. Their team is fine. That HC is the issue. Sorry if I ruffled any feathers but I somehow doubt I did lol.