Boyd Buchanan @ Greenback

orngnblk

1 hour ago, crow said:

That and to preserve a shut out is ridiculous as well. Like I said maybe they play an actual contender in D-II later on and they can see what it’s like on the other side of this. Oh well. Move on, build from it and forget it. 

They did the same thing to us when we scrimmages them.  We know what we have on the top end and after a couple of series we subbed out our starters, then to the jv and they put their starters back in to stop our jv.  It was pretty comical really.

3 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

They did the same thing to us when we scrimmages them.  We know what we have on the top end and after a couple of series we subbed out our starters, then to the jv and they put their starters back in to stop our jv.  It was pretty comical really.

Sounds like a bit of little man syndrome floating around that staff somewhere. Oh well, it’ll come around, always does. 

I am glad I didn't waste my time going to this one. What has happened to Greenback? They use to be good but now.. well you can see from looking at that score last week. I am glad we are back with a good staff again. We lost Coach Reynolds and some of his main assistants a few years back and we have been struggling ever since. I am glad we are getting back to our winning ways. It's about time! We should have never let Reynolds leave. 

5 minutes ago, BoydBuchBacker said:

I am glad I didn't waste my time going to this one. What has happened to Greenback? They use to be good but now.. well you can see from looking at that score last week. I am glad we are back with a good staff again. We lost Coach Reynolds and some of his main assistants a few years back and we have been struggling ever since. I am glad we are getting back to our winning ways. It's about time! We should have never let Reynolds leave. 

You played a team with a New head coach,that played over 70% sophmores.We only have 3 srs with 31 total kids.You got us at the right time no doubt.You all had 31 Srs and Jrs out of 67 players-that equaled our whole team.We will be back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BoydBuchBacker said:

Meh, needed to paet ways with him.  He was a lot like grider, but with no championships I don't think to show.  He underachieved a bunch I feel like.  The year we got pasted by Peabody, he had a team that probably matched up better but I think they lost in round two, or it may have been the trezevant year.

On 8/22/2021 at 8:16 AM, crow said:

Well sounds like a classy bunch. Maybe one of the actual contenders in D-II will return the favor for them. 

From what I heard, a lot of young guys running the ball. Plus we have a power coming in this week in Davidson Academy, won last 2 or 3 state titles. So you may get your wish. :grin:

41 minutes ago, reaction said:

From what I heard, a lot of young guys running the ball. Plus we have a power coming in this week in Davidson Academy, won last 2 or 3 state titles. So you may get your wish. :grin:

Shoot reaction, I like the heck out of you. Hope you know that. Its not even the points y’all scored so much. I mean they need to stop you, I get it. The part that gets me is putting the starters back in on defense to “preserve” the shut out and putting the starting RB in just to pad the stats. I understand, get up big quick and get off the gas. If the backups are still scoring or they can’t score on the JV then that’s not your fault. But the stat padding is a classless call by somebody. Just wanted to make sure you know it’s not about the final score in my eyes, more about the decision to use starters late when the game was firmly decided. Hopefully there’s no bad feelings between us over it. Just the way I see it is all. 

Edited by crow

3 hours ago, crow said:

Shoot reaction, I like the heck out of you. Hope you know that. Its not even the points y’all scored so much. I mean they need to stop you, I get it. The part that gets me is putting the starters back in on defense to “preserve” the shut out and putting the starting RB in just to pad the stats. I understand, get up big quick and get off the gas. If the backups are still scoring or they can’t score on the JV then that’s not your fault. But the stat padding is a classless call by somebody. Just wanted to make sure you know it’s not about the final score in my eyes, more about the decision to use starters late when the game was firmly decided. Hopefully there’s no bad feelings between us over it. Just the way I see it is all. 

No hard feelings I wasn't there just going off what I was told. Good luck this week!

7 hours ago, crow said:

I 100% agree I hope reaction didn't take it that I was complaining. Just stating what the paper said. Scores don't bother me none at all if your young people are playing they deserve the opportunity to put it in the end zone too. But it's kind of hard for 14 and 15 year olds to stop  17 and 18 year olds like they had just to take care of a record don't understand that one but to each his own,I hope they have a good season and hope the beat everybody on their schedule.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I 100% agree I hope reaction didn't take it that I was complaining. Just stating what the paper said. Scores don't bother me none at all if your young people are playing they deserve the opportunity to put it in the end zone too. But it's kind of hard for 14 and 15 year olds to stop  17 and 18 year olds like they had just to take care of a record don't understand that one but to each his own,I hope they have a good season and hope the beat everybody on their schedule.

Nope didn't take it that way at all. No hard feelings here. I'll still be cheering you guys on!

I enjoy small town football the most!

Edited by reaction