BBSNUMONEFAN

14 hours ago, BigWestern said:

what team impressed you guys the most?

Meigs (13) > Lenoir City (0) quarter 1

Loudon (6) > Tellico (0)

McMinn Central (14) > Copper Basin (7)

Sweetwater (14) > Polk County (3)

Loudon (28) > Sequoyah (8)

Meigs Varsity was able to score pretty quick against Lenoir City. Defensively we were able to force a punt after LC managed a few first downs. We scored our second td of the night on a pick 6 from our younger players. Meigs looked good overall

Loudon played Tellico and was easily able to drive down the field with the passing attack. Semey Turner and Qb Harig looked great in all aspects. Tellico was able to drive on Loudon more than I thought they would. Had a couple good plays and made a few first downs on some busted up plays. Tellico seems improved over last years team. 

McMinn Central looked to be improved offensively over last years team. They used the spread alot and used a passing attack that most wouldn't be used to seeing from that ball team. Defensively Copper Basin was able to run all over them. Some of this can be attributed to the talent of Copper Basins Rb. He was a very talented kid.

Sweetwater probably took 4th ⁷place overall if I had to choose. They didn't seem to be as strong offensively as last year but mixed up the pass and run alot to keep Polk County honest. Defensively Sweetwater was about the same as last years team. 

Loudon managed to play 2 quarters total in the Jamboree. Varsity scored on Sequoyah with ease and then the young guys took over and scored 21 more points. Sequoyah being the size school they are really struggle to compete alot of times. Even against smaller schools.

Overall I'd say

Loudon & Meigs tie for first neither team used their dual threat qbs to their ability. Would be a great game between the two if they were to play. 

Lenoir City 3rd

Sweetwater 4th

Tellico 5th

McMinn Central 6th

Polk County 7th

Copper Basin and Sequoyah probably tie for last. Copper Basin probably the better team but depth would really hurt them against a larger school like Sequoyah late in the game.

Anyhow that's what I managed to see Friday night.

Edited by Yeti

I agree with what you posted, It looked like Lenoir City played a ton of guys and were plain on both sides. Maybe a tactic for jamboree.  Loudon looked really good.  Seems like they have good skill and depth.  Meigs will be tough to handle, but I think that they have a great start, hopefully they have some depth to help them make another run.  Central....may be able to score here or there but stopping people may be a huge issue.  Polk seemed to be improved, just not many dudes to work with.  Copper Basin was a surprise to me, they looked pretty good in the air, but they looked pretty good to me.  Tellico is BIG.  I think that they can win a few games.  Sweetwater will be fine, they have to get some of the shakes out of their QB position. I would let that big back run run run. Sequoyah is the least likely to have success this year.  Offensively looked basic and not well coached and D was even worse. 

45 minutes ago, Sandman63 said:

I agree with what you posted, It looked like Lenoir City played a ton of guys and were plain on both sides. Maybe a tactic for jamboree.  Loudon looked really good.  Seems like they have good skill and depth.  Meigs will be tough to handle, but I think that they have a great start, hopefully they have some depth to help them make another run.  Central....may be able to score here or there but stopping people may be a huge issue.  Polk seemed to be improved, just not many dudes to work with.  Copper Basin was a surprise to me, they looked pretty good in the air, but they looked pretty good to me.  Tellico is BIG.  I think that they can win a few games.  Sweetwater will be fine, they have to get some of the shakes out of their QB position. I would let that big back run run run. Sequoyah is the least likely to have success this year.  Offensively looked basic and not well coached and D was even worse. 

Great post, most teams were probably vanilla as much as possible as to not give away many S3CR3T$. Tellico was probably the surprise of the evening as far as competing with Loudon. Copper Basins rb was a treat to watch lol. Central was fun to watch offensively, but won't stop anyone with a pulse that runs the ball if they don't make major changes in that area. 

3 hours ago, Yeti said:

Great post, most teams were probably vanilla as much as possible as to not give away many S3CR3T$. Tellico was probably the surprise of the evening as far as competing with Loudon. Copper Basins rb was a treat to watch lol. Central was fun to watch offensively, but won't stop anyone with a pulse that runs the ball if they don't make major changes in that area. 

My nephew is a Freshman at Loudon this year.Loudon played the young ones against Tellico.

8 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

My nephew is a Freshman at Loudon this year.Loudon played the young ones against Tellico.

Starting qb was on the field when the game started. We played our young ones too after one Varsity offensive and defensive drive. I'd imagine most done the same if they had the numbers

10 hours ago, Yeti said:

Starting qb was on the field when the game started. We played our young ones too after one Varsity offensive and defensive drive. I'd imagine most done the same if they had the numbers

Oh okay I had called and asked if he got to play and he said the Freshman and Sophs played the whole game against Tellico. He left that part out I guess probably the opening drive.