WEEK ONE - Oak Ridge vs South Doyle

CardinalGrey

I am still royally teed off with PackerVision. More upset with them than the play of the Wildcats. Thank goodness The Voice of the Wildcats David Clary, Alex and the rest of the TV team came through. They are the best Prep coverage Team in Tennessee.

I have only watched the first 3 quarters and saw some great OR plays, some bad OR plays and a solid South Doyle team.

A lot of the bad OR plays are correctable. We should see good progress next week against the Bulldogs back at the Ship. Coach Gaddis knows how to take care of Bulldogs :roflol:.  Sic them Cats on those Dogs.

Some of you have expressed frustration over slow starts by Oak Ridge. It looks like we are in for another slow start so keep your heads on straight, buckle up tight, keep your hands inside the ride because were about to embark on the Roller Coaster of Death  aka Tennessee High School Football.

The OL / DL will come along as will all the other parts of the team where youthfulness hurt us. Can somebody explain what Gaddis said on Coach's Corner about we have lost 4 linemen before the season even started? Thanks.

Coach Cat did a good job on his report card. That was a difficult game to grade because of the erratic play of the Cats.

Bounder, good selections for the WWA shirts. 

YIKES! Sweet has a bro-crush with 92 Dragon. Just kidding. 92 Dragon is a great fan and so is SS.

Onward to next week, RWR!

Edited by WilleTheWildcat
  • Like 1

After watching the game on TV as well as in person, and after reading the blistering comments on here, here's my take. First of all, I think SD might be the best overall team OR will play, and as sloppy as OR played, they were still in the game in the final seconds. If OR had an experienced QB (I do think Tarwater will be good), OR wins the game anyway because when is the last time you remember anyone throwing TWO pick sixes in a game? The same offensive line that blocked Maryville was whipped by SD, so either SD is better than Maryville up front, or OR has gotten worse, which is doubtful. South Doyle's best player played and OR's did not, and despite what the Sweet guy says, it would've made a difference. I have no problem with a couple of you bashing the coaches (the sweet guy and the Nole) because sometimes they need it and it makes us feel better and smarter when we bash them. A great back makes the offensive line look very good, even when they aren't and the OR back with D-1 offers didn't even dress out, and theirs did. I remember thinking in the first half that OR was finally getting plays into the game very fast, so I'm also confused about the delay penalties in the second half and hopefully they can be chalked up to poor first game time management or a rookie QB, or both. But that just can't happen again. I was very frustrated with two things: one, the two punts that should've been downed inside the 5 yard line but were batted into the end zone (do the OR players know the rules?) and the fact that their was no running game at all. 

2 hours ago, bonkers said:

After watching the game on TV as well as in person, and after reading the blistering comments on here, here's my take. First of all, I think SD might be the best overall team OR will play, and as sloppy as OR played, they were still in the game in the final seconds. If OR had an experienced QB (I do think Tarwater will be good), OR wins the game anyway because when is the last time you remember anyone throwing TWO pick sixes in a game? The same offensive line that blocked Maryville was whipped by SD, so either SD is better than Maryville up front, or OR has gotten worse, which is doubtful. South Doyle's best player played and OR's did not, and despite what the Sweet guy says, it would've made a difference. I have no problem with a couple of you bashing the coaches (the sweet guy and the Nole) because sometimes they need it and it makes us feel better and smarter when we bash them. A great back makes the offensive line look very good, even when they aren't and the OR back with D-1 offers didn't even dress out, and theirs did. I remember thinking in the first half that OR was finally getting plays into the game very fast, so I'm also confused about the delay penalties in the second half and hopefully they can be chalked up to poor first game time management or a rookie QB, or both. But that just can't happen again. I was very frustrated with two things: one, the two punts that should've been downed inside the 5 yard line but were batted into the end zone (do the OR players know the rules?) and the fact that their was no running game at all. 

I think we must have a misunderstanding. There a two Noles here now. I don't recall bashing any coaches. I thought they did a fine job to keep the game close. I liked the offensive play calling. I always love Miner's defense. The kids did not execute.

Some my have issue with the preparedness of the offensive live, but I never said a word. I'll go back and look at all my posts just to make sure.

A while back I did comment on people bashing the last OC, because I know who else has called a ton of plays over the years.

RWR

I was thinking about the OL and DL. I just don't see all the negative things most of you all see. That probably means I must be wrong.

Is the lines problems a lack of individual talent or not working together as a unit?  Or what else is the problem.

I have a good feeling our lines will improve as the season rolls along and we will be proud of our linemen.

On 8/21/2021 at 3:18 PM, OR nole said:

I think we must have a misunderstanding. There a two Noles here now. I don't recall bashing any coaches. I thought they did a fine job to keep the game close. I liked the offensive play calling. I always love Miner's defense. The kids did not execute.

Some my have issue with the preparedness of the offensive live, but I never said a word. I'll go back and look at all my posts just to make sure.

A while back I did comment on people bashing the last OC, because I know who else has called a ton of plays over the years.

RWR

So it's Gaddis you have a problem with (I assume he's the only other guy who would be involved in play calling). Did he mistreat your son, do you just not like him, or is he just a bad play caller? Or maybe I'm just confused between you and the other Nole. It's not a big deal anyway, because the coaches need bashing from time to time.

Main thing I saw was the offensive line has got to block better for the run, although they did OK on pass protection. Mental mistakes such as not controlling the ball on rolling punts and intentional grounding by throwing the ball in the turf instead of throwing it out of the back of the end zone can easily be corrected. A bad snap cost us a field goal attempt that could have made a difference. For a first time out with the varsity, I thought Tarwater had a pretty good game, he has to find those safeties though. Defensively, the line has to get better on pass rush and sometimes they just got blocked out of the play and Gary ran right through them. Linebackers are good, DBs need to continue to improve, watch the interference. South-Doyle is a very good team, definately a playoff team, so OR didn't lose to a bad team at all. I think they will be much improved this week against Bearden, which is said to have a very good defense. 

4 hours ago, bonkers said:

So it's Gaddis you have a problem with (I assume he's the only other guy who would be involved in play calling). Did he mistreat your son, do you just not like him, or is he just a bad play caller? Or maybe I'm just confused between you and the other Nole. It's not a big deal anyway, because the coaches need bashing from time to time.

I'll try to make this clear to you one more time. I have NO problem with Coach Gaddis. My issue was with the people that slammed Coach Wyatt without knowing the truth. One more time - I have the greatest respect for Coach Gaddis. He treated my son, Chase Kimbro, wonderfully as did the entire staff. One more time - I have issue with those that blamed Coach Wyatt when they had no idea what they were talking about.

Personally, I don't think anyone would be dumb enough to misunderstand this time. 

Michael Kimbro

OR nole