WEEK ONE - Oak Ridge vs South Doyle

CardinalGrey

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

How did we get a delay of game after that botched punt by South Doyle?!?!?! Flabbergasting. Totally uncalled for. Either way, SD deserved to win this game. It was an a$& kicking on both sides of the ball. I don’t know about y’all, but I’m sick and tired of OR having below average offensive lines. Unbelievable how bad we are at run blocking with the size of that line we have. We still haven’t blocked anybody in 2+ years. What a waste of talent. Congratulations to South Doyle. Y’all handed it to us good.

Take it from me, the thought police will be coming for you soon. Then you're going to be in trouble.

Oh yeah, I agree with you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OR nole said:

Take it from me, the thought police will be coming for you soon. Then you're going to be in trouble.

Oh yeah, I agree with you.

I’m waiting, Mike, trust me. What I’ve said probably pales in comparison to what guys like Jack Armstrong and the great Emory Hale would’ve said about tonight’s performance by the O-Line.

As long as Bervin makes 25 tackles per game and Hayward gets 200+ yards per game, the Cats should be OK.

Seriously, I saw a ton of youthful mistakes. Young DBs and new OL look tremendously unsure and timid. Too many dropped passes also. Basic football - blocking and tackling. They will improve. Maybe a few classes in football IQ like down and distance and clock management. If Tarwater doesn't get crushed, he should be very good by playoffs.

Rogers will change the defense backfield when/if he gets to play

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I’m waiting, Mike, trust me. What I’ve said probably pales in comparison to what guys like Jack Armstrong and the great Emory Hale would’ve said about tonight’s performance by the O-Line.

Different world these days. The blood, sweat, cuss, fight, repeat guys are dinosaurs. More of the others than there are of us anymore. 

The team will improve. Take it easy and try not to get cancelled.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Most of my complaints are on the coaches, let me get that straight. The guys play how they’re coached after all, and the line just isn’t well coached, there’s just no two ways around it. I know some will come on here and say; Yeah! But we made it to state last year!! Yes, we did, but let’s be honest, we were very fortunate to even beat West. We got extremely lucky with some calls that went our way in that game, and we caught them off guard big time with the 5 wides all game. Yes, we beat them, but let’s be real, we were VERY fortunate to. We made it all the way to state too with an OL that didn’t run block all season long. We made it on pure talent alone on offense, and a really really good defense. BTW, there’s just ZERO excuse for a delay of game, especially after a botched punt like SD had. That was absolutely asinine. All on the coaches, too. Like you, I’m proud of the kids for fighting hard.

I agree.And if we are real honest under Gaddis the Oline has been awful.Lucky for us we have been saved by great players who go and make a play on offense.I seen some stuff I liked from new OC tonight that will help but somebody has to get the message that we will never reach our potential until we fix the oline.I dont care who the OC is if you are that bad at blocking its not gonna work.And maybe one year work on it before the season starts instead of changing everything as season goes 

• Like 1

Got to see second half. I thought or it appeared OR had a pretty good pocket pass protection. From the little I seen. Frankly I will have to say I was not impressed with either team. But More impressed with individual players on both teams. Of course this was a 1st game and good one for both teams. #21 SD is for real. I will say if SD mixes the run pass up more AC on defense will have work cut out. Our offense should be good against SD. OR QB will settle down missed some opportunities that should have turned the score around. Both team are above average. And we all know as the season progresses both of these teams always get better. Almost every year OR does this and end up winning when it counts. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I agree.And if we are real honest under Gaddis the Oline has been awful.Lucky for us we have been saved by great players who go and make a play on offense.I seen some stuff I liked from new OC tonight that will help but somebody has to get the message that we will never reach our potential until we fix the oline.I dont care who the OC is if you are that bad at blocking its not gonna work.And maybe one year work on it before the season starts instead of changing everything as season goes 

Remember 2014 how big the O-line was with Burum, Chapman, and a few others who were really good sized kids? They couldn’t run block either. You’re right, it is becoming a tradition at Oak Ridge to have powder puff offensive lines. Kinda crazy, because when I was in school, our guys would put your face in the dirt and make ya like it. 

5 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Got to see second half. I thought or it appeared OR had a pretty good pocket pass protection. From the little I seen. Frankly I will have to say I was not impressed with either team. But More impressed with individual players on both teams. Of course this was a 1st game and good one for both teams. #21 SD is for real. I will say if SD mixes the run pass up more AC on defense will have work cut out. Our offense should be good against SD. OR QB will settle down missed some opportunities that should have turned the score around. Both team are above average. And we all know as the season progresses both of these teams always get better. Almost every year OR does this and end up winning when it counts. 

Everyone needs to remember that OR has alot of inexperienced players and will get better as the season goes on just like they always do.

They started off 2-3 last season and ended up playing for a state championship. So patience my friends..... patience.

Wait until after the Clinton game to get better. Hahaha 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, SweetScience said:

Remember 2014 how big the O-line was with Burum, Chapman, and a few others who were really good sized kids? They couldn’t run block either. You’re right, it is becoming a tradition at Oak Ridge to have powder puff offensive lines. Kinda crazy, because when I was in school, our guys would put your face in the dirt and make ya like it. 

Your right.Just think with the playmakers we have had just since Gaddis has been back and what they wouldve done with a good Oline.We have had some good teams and cant imagine how good we wouldve been last 7 years or so with a great oline.We are loaded at RB this yr and WR but I fear it will not matter