WEEK ONE - Oak Ridge vs South Doyle

CardinalGrey

2 hours ago, HTV said:

Just my observation:  

People I know on both sides of this one are pulling a Lou Holtz on their own teams, believing the worst.  

Be interesting to see which fan group is more accurate.  

Both teams have some legit stars, and both have some legit question marks.  Should be a good football game.  Unfortunately it will be a 3 1/2 hour commercial with the play by play guy using cliche after cliche and laughing at his own bad jokes.  The mute button will be exercised on my TV and David Clary and his guys tuned in.  

That’s true HTV, but it has been a proven fact in recent memory that we don’t start out seasons very well, barring a few years such as last year, but HVA was awful so that really doesn’t count. I legitimately don’t think we’ll win, but I guess we’ll see. Also doubting SD is bad as some on here are saying, especially since they return a boatload of kids from last years squad. Ain’t buying it.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Knoxemdown said:

Who's advantage is it if it rains?

If you were listening real closely last night you would have heard Coach Gaddis give away if will we pass or run more tonight. So, if you believe passing is better in the rain or running is better then you take what Coach G said and determine who will have the advantage.

After the game starts I'll tell what I heard Bulldog Gaddis said.

4 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

If you were listening real closely last night you would have heard Coach Gaddis give away if will we pass or run more tonight. So, if you believe passing is better in the rain or running is better then you take what Coach G said and determine who will have the advantage.

After the game starts I'll tell what I heard Bulldog Gaddis said.

well golly,  I can hardly stand the tension.

2 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Sweet, I cannot believe you are picking SD. You are a pretty good picker so this worries me. I sure hope you are wrong this time.

I predicted OR would use home field advantage to win in OT but now I think the Wildcats win 24 - 14,

If you haven’t noticed through the years, I pick against OR a LOT. The main reason being I won’t be as disappointed if we lose if I instead was very confident of a victory. It makes the losses a little easier to bear haha. In all honesty though, overall, I didn’t much like what I saw in either scrimmage we had. Yes, hard to go on the Maryville one being they’re a top3 team in the whole state, but just being honest with myself. Hopefully they’ll prove me wrong. Trust me, I’d love it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

If you haven’t noticed through the years, I pick against OR a LOT. The main reason being I won’t be as disappointed if we lose if I instead was very confident of a victory. It makes the losses a little easier to bear haha. In all honesty though, overall, I didn’t much like what I saw in either scrimmage we had. Yes, hard to go on the Maryville one being they’re a top3 team in the whole state, but just being honest with myself. Hopefully they’ll prove me wrong. Trust me, I’d love it.

I notice nothing and overlook everything. I think we improved a lot from the Fulton to the Maryville hoe downs. OR's 24 points come from a Jackson run, Heyward pass reception, Rodgers pick 6 and Rodriguez FG.

22 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I notice nothing and overlook everything. I think we improved a lot from the Fulton to the Maryville hoe downs. OR's 24 points come from a Jackson run, Heyward pass reception, Rodgers pick 6 and Rodriguez FG.

If that actually happens I’m gonna start calling you Prophet Palmer (aka PP) and I’m gonna get a t-shirt made with the picture of your avatar on here emblazoned on the front of it. And finally, I’m gonna get you to sign it.

Edited by SweetScience