WEEK ONE - Oak Ridge vs South Doyle

CardinalGrey

I felt SD would take this game until I saw the Knox jamboree Friday night. Either Coach Duncan wasn't trying to show his hand or SD isn't what I thought they would be. Gary is one of the best RB's in the state, but if Martin doesn't reel that arm in, they won't have a chance in this first game. Play calling wasn't too smart. Running QB keepers in a jamboree with a QB that has been injured a good part of his career.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dawgs82 said:

I felt SD would take this game until I saw the Knox jamboree Friday night. Either Coach Duncan wasn't trying to show his hand or SD isn't what I thought they would be. Gary is one of the best RB's in the state, but if Martin doesn't reel that arm in, they won't have a chance in this first game. Play calling wasn't too smart. Running QB keepers in a jamboree with a QB that has been injured a good part of his career.

Put yourself in a head coach's shoes. Would you want to show everything you have in a scrimmage or jamboree? I know I wouldn't. 

Just like I think OR is a much better team than they showed in their scrimmages.  But, OR traditionally starts off slow, so this is a hard game for me to pick.

A part of me thinks OR's offense will put up some big numbers and surprise SD. But another part of me can see SD winning by 14+.  You just never know which OR team will show up in the first game of the season.

• Like 1

Not just saying this because he is a good friend, but South Doyle losing its DC is going to have a big impact across the river, IMO.  Their offense has been very good over the past few years, but a good DC can be the difference in being very good and being great.  

The Oak Ridge defense was so underrated last yr.Solid Dline led by J.Adams who was so important in many ways.By end of yr we had 2 really good CBs and good safeties.From what Ive seen so far we are gonna struggle on defense at least 1st half of season.I think the offense can and will be very good but it will also take some time with new QB and OC.I thought this Oak Ridge team has a lot of potential but disappointed in how far behind we look.I think SD has a good team and really wants this one bad after last yr and wins like 35-16.Does anybdoy know if 99 is back for SD from last year.If not I might make game closer.He abused our line last year

6 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

The Oak Ridge defense was so underrated last yr.Solid Dline led by J.Adams who was so important in many ways.By end of yr we had 2 really good CBs and good safeties.From what Ive seen so far we are gonna struggle on defense at least 1st half of season.I think the offense can and will be very good but it will also take some time with new QB and OC.I thought this Oak Ridge team has a lot of potential but disappointed in how far behind we look.I think SD has a good team and really wants this one bad after last yr and wins like 35-16.Does anybdoy know if 99 is back for SD from last year.If not I might make game closer.He abused our line last year

I don't think the defense was underrated...Gaddis talked the defense all the time as well as Packer and anyone who watched OR play. The defense may not be quite as good this year but I bet they will be good. The offense will show up I hope. Not sure why OR always starts so slow but if they do Thursday night, it could get ugly.