WEEK ONE - Oak Ridge vs South Doyle

CardinalGrey

9 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Plum pathetic, my friend. And I don’t care who it makes mad either. It’s plum pitiful. SD manhandled them, so all credit to them.

I will admit, OR's line looks the part. But they were whipped all night long. Hundley is a solid back, but he didn't have a lot of running room out there. If it weren't for Heyward, it wouldn't have been very close. He had an impressive game, and kept OR in it.

5 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I will admit, OR's line looks the part. But they were whipped all night long. Hundley is a solid back, but he didn't have a lot of running room out there. If it weren't for Heyward, it wouldn't have been very close. He had an impressive game, and kept OR in it.

Yep, that’s the thing, plenty of size, but what I’ve seen so far between tonight’s game and the preseason scrimmages, it’s gonna be a long year. But hey, I called that we’d get beat. After seeing us in those scrimmages I didn’t feel good, at all. It’s unbelievable that we made it to state last year with the run blocking we had, and it doesn’t look like much has changed since last year. Oh well, I guess it is what it is. You know me, I’m not one to sugarcoat things.

Edited by SweetScience

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Yep, that’s the thing, plenty of size, but what I’ve seen so far between tonight’s game and the preseason scrimmages, it’s gonna be a long year. But hey, I called that we’d get beat. After seeing us in those scrimmages I didn’t feel good, at all. It’s unbelievable that we made it to state last year with the run blocking we had, and it doesn’t look like much has changed since last year. Oh well, I guess it is what it is.

Always tough to tell where things will end up after that first game. Tons of cramping, some sloppy play, but I still think you guys are going to make some noise when we get into October/November. You guys always have athletes and a defense, so as long as things improve as the season wears on, I like your chances.

A better offensive line would make a big difference though.

6 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Always tough to tell where things will end up after that first game. Tons of cramping, some sloppy play, but I still think you guys are going to make some noise when we get into October/November. You guys always have athletes and a defense, so as long as things improve as the season wears on, I like your chances.

A better offensive line would make a big difference though.

Yeah, I’ve been known to jump the gun, I’ll admit that. I just miss having good offensive lines. It has been 3 years or so since we’ve had one I could call “good”. Just really frustrating with the athletic talent we have. No excuse, especially with how big those boys are. Oh well, I’m done bit$&@& for the night. As awful as we played, we lost by 1 point, so it could be worse, I guess. I reckon I’ll wait on everyone to tell me how awful of a guy I am for telling the truth now. 

Edited by SweetScience

Boy am I glad that is over! SD's ran over us all night long and our qb was afraid to throw the ball. Course twice he threw it to the wrong team but Ya gotta learn. Don't know what to say about the zebras, guess they were closer and saw stuff nobody else saw.

Now Wildcat Whoop #### Tshirts went to #13 and #38. 

Wildcat Pride

Roll Wildcats Roll

First time seeing Shawn Gary play in person tonight. That dude can flat out play. He is so elusive but he can lower is shoulder and plow through defenders. Very impressed 

I thought both defenses look good considering it’s the 1st game. Lots of penalties on both teams. OR offense had a couple good moments but a lot of not so good moments It’s just one game but they need some work. Not having Jackson tonight probably didn’t help either. 

1 minute ago, Rhea Co. said:

First time seeing Shawn Gary play in person tonight. That dude can flat out play. He is so elusive but he can lower is shoulder and plow through defenders. Very impressed 

I thought both defenses look good considering it’s the 1st game. Lots of penalties on both teams. OR offense had a couple good moments but a lot of not so good moments It’s just one game but they need some work. Not having Jackson tonight probably didn’t help either. 

Honestly, I don’t think having Jackson would’ve made a dang bit of difference. #22 is more elusive than Jackson and he had NOWHERE to run all night long. We were just flat out whipped up front, bottom line.

1 minute ago, Rhea Co. said:

Gary looks legit, and he has added a lot of bulk. Pretty impressive watching him run.

I'm not sure if having Jackson would have mattered tonight. Jai Hundley was a solid back at West, and OR's offensive line didn't open many holes for him.

Really proud of the fight my Wildcats showed tonight.I thought SD would win by double digits but Oak Ridge without 2 D1 players playing couldve won.I feel like we made so many mistakes and shouldve got blown out but kept fighting.Heyward still showing he is real deal and Tarwater improved a lot as game went on.So props to all the players but now the bad.Im with Sweet on the oline.It is a joke how bad they are yr after yr.Its also a joke how our players dont look prepared on so many different levels.When will we learn and quit looking like crap to start the season.So many little mistakes that well coached teams dont make.I better stop because the boys fought hard and dont wanna be to negative but 23 yards rushing with a RB like Jai is a joke and its 100% on coaches to fix it after years and years of same trash.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Really proud of the fight my Wildcats showed tonight.I thought SD would win by double digits but Oak Ridge without 2 D1 players playing couldve won.I feel like we made so many mistakes and shouldve got blown out but kept fighting.Heyward still showing he is real deal and Tarwater improved a lot as game went on.So props to all the players but now the bad.Im with Sweet on the oline.It is a joke how bad they are yr after yr.Its also a joke how our players dont look prepared on so many different levels.When will we learn and quit looking like crap to start the season.So many little mistakes that well coached teams dont make.I better stop because the boys fought hard and dont wanna be to negative but 23 yards rushing with a RB like Jai is a joke and its 100% on coaches to fix it after years and years of same trash.

Most of my complaints are on the coaches, let me get that straight. The guys play how they’re coached after all, and the line just isn’t well coached, there’s just no two ways around it. I know some will come on here and say; Yeah! But we made it to state last year!! Yes, we did, but let’s be honest, we were very fortunate to even beat West. We got extremely lucky with some calls that went our way in that game, and we caught them off guard big time with the 5 wides all game. Yes, we beat them, but let’s be real, we were VERY fortunate to. We made it all the way to state too with an OL that didn’t run block all season long. We made it on pure talent alone on offense, and a really really good defense. BTW, there’s just ZERO excuse for a delay of game, especially after a botched punt like SD had. That was absolutely asinine. All on the coaches, too. Like you, I’m proud of the kids for fighting hard.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't know if anyone besides me saw that the play clocks weren't working in the 2nd half. They were getting the plays off with 20 seconds to spare in the 1st half, looked like last year in the 2nd half. Oh Well. Too many cramps and players not knowing when they were supposed to be on the field. If your'er on the kick team get your butt out there when we kick the ball.

• Like 1