Tullahoma at Shelbyville

TTownFan50

It’s finally here. Tullahoma returns 15 starters from last year. 9 on offense, 6 on defense. I’m hoping we got the kinks worked out during scrimmage season. Shelbyville has a QB and a couple of WR’s that should be a concern. If Tullahoma can control the line of scrimmage, my very biased prediction is 28-21 Tullahoma. 

With the rain and a soggy field I think the advantage goes to Tullahoma…use that big fast offensive line and run the ball.  The last few years Tullahoma’s  defense has chased Shelbyville’s quarterback all over the field preventing him from sitting in the pocket and hitting their skilled receivers.  So if Tullahoma pounds the ball and can cause havoc in Shelbyville’s backfield, Tullahoma wins 35 to 20.

1 hour ago, TTownFan50 said:

With the rain and a soggy field I think the advantage goes to Tullahoma…use that big fast offensive line and run the ball.  The last few years Tullahoma’s  defense has chased Shelbyville’s quarterback all over the field preventing him from sitting in the pocket and hitting their skilled receivers.  So if Tullahoma pounds the ball and can cause havoc in Shelbyville’s backfield, Tullahoma wins 35 to 20.

Advantage to tullahoma with field conditions for sure, but I don't think it's as big of an advantage as some think, #4 Young from Shelbyville is a talented RB, quick and very hard to bring down! 

On 8/17/2021 at 8:40 PM, TTownDad said:

It’s finally here. Tullahoma returns 15 starters from last year. 9 on offense, 6 on defense. I’m hoping we got the kinks worked out during scrimmage season. Shelbyville has a QB and a couple of WR’s that should be a concern. If Tullahoma can control the line of scrimmage, my very biased prediction is 28-21 Tullahoma. 

I thought Tullahoma had more starters returning then 15.  That is a lot I know but seems like a few are missing?

You have all summer to prepare for Tullahoma and that  is all you can come up with?

A few go routes, a few hitch routes, zone read, power sweep out of the gun and QB counter.  

Wow!!!   

And on defense you take the safety out of center field and play 7 in the box.  3 up the middle plays by Tullahoma and its 6 each time.

Wow!!!!

Edited by epanther