Cornersville @ Forrest

dawgswin

3 hours ago, rnorris92 said:

I will agree on most of this but the "no significance" to Forrest part I do have a little disagreement on.  I know it does not have any significance when it comes to playoffs, region standings and such, but overall, these kids want to beat each other.  They want to have them bragging rights over that team that plays in the same county.  I know it has a lot of significance on the fans from both sides.  I mean here we are going back and forth on a message board, lol.  But anyways, Go Dawgs!!!!

The quote was "no more significance than" some other teams on our schedule. We absolutely want to win this game. I hope for good weather, a huge crowd, and a good game this Friday. 

It's not a slight but our players, students, and fans have built a bigger rivalry with Eagleville. They continued to play us and won their share of games over the years. The kids start playing in kindergarten and play all the way thru 12th grade. Last week both sides were packed well before kickoff. Same with Cascade since they are also in our Middle School conference. Since their high school team is respectable now and it's a region game the rivalry has gotten bigger. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

The quote was "no more significance than" some other teams on our schedule. We absolutely want to win this game. I hope for good weather, a huge crowd, and a good game this Friday. 

It's not a slight but our players, students, and fans have built a bigger rivalry with Eagleville. They continued to play us and won their share of games over the years. The kids start playing in kindergarten and play all the way thru 12th grade. Last week both sides were packed well before kickoff. Same with Cascade since they are also in our Middle School conference. Since their high school team is respectable now and it's a region game the rivalry has gotten bigger. 

Easy to say when y’all avoid to schedule us the last 7 years. Because we probably win  atleast 6 of those years. And we owned y’all in the 90’s.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Salem said:

A few notes after watching the teams online. Cornersville appears to be the bigger, stronger team. Neither team has much speed, but Forrest looks to be quicker. Best player in the game will be from Chapel Hill but he may be wearing maroon. Ironically, the key to the game will be whether the Chapel Hill defense can stop the Chapel Hill running back. Both teams have solid players at some positions but like most 1 and 2A schools they have some weak links on the field. This game has no more significance to Forrest than Eagleville or Cascade or even Moore County.  Just another non region game against a local team.

QBs are even. Cornersville kid throws a better ball, but Forrest kid is more athletic. RB advantage goes to Cornersville. Two bruisers.  O Line goes to Cornersville. Older, bigger group. Two of them are studs. Receiver advantage is Forrest but neither team throws. Defensive line is close but Cornersville has a slight advantage. Linebackers are even. Secondary advantage Forrest.  Coaching is a draw. Both defenses are tough and aggressive and both offenses are difficult to watch at times.  Forrest staff gets a demerit for pushing Warner out.  Intangibles are even. Both teams give up turnovers and commit personal fouls. Cornersville has more depth in the backfield. Forrest plays more linemen. And in the understatement of the day, Confidence clearly goes to Cornersville.

“Coaching is a draw”??????

in what world? 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

“Coaching is a draw”??????

in what world? 

In the present world. 

Both coaches had great seasons when they had a great running back. Both staffs are barely hovering over .500 when not handing off to E Woodard or N McClendon. Does Cornersville have a winning record in region since Eli W graduated? One playoff win against Collinwood? A loss to Community is on the resume as well.

The fun part is the guy who Forrest said couldn't play running back gets to come to Forrest and play running back. If he has a big game and the Forrest offense goes no where then someone has some explaining to do.