With week one in the books, who's overrated, overhyped, media darlings, etc. ?

blazer1set

42 minutes ago, SXSW said:

Spot on! Glad to see you hanging around on the other side of the state line.

Heading back home to Florida on Wednesday. I'll have to keep up with SWVA and East TN online with NFHS while going to games down there. Hope to see Cocoa at Vero Beach this Friday night and Treasure Coast at American Heritage in Fort Lauderdale on Saturday night. Heritage was ranked #8 in the nation in one preseason poll I saw. 

14 hours ago, HTV said:

The should.  Combining 3 schools, and schools that weren't all chopped liver in their own classifications. 

This is one of those besides Clinton that WB fans had marked down on their schedules as projected wins. How ever the rest of their schedule works out at WB someone needs to erase this mark off the board of good possibilities after this past Friday Night.

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2021 at 7:06 AM, WildcatRealist said:

I believe this will be a long year for Oak Ridge.

I told you all on August 21, but you Oak Ridge posters are so STUCK IN THE PAST. Oak Ridge is simply NOT RELEVANT anymore. Those of you that attend their games...ARE THEY WELL-COACHED? Some of you say, " Well, they ALWAYS start the season out slow and get better at the end." Who's fault  is that? It sure isn't going to happen this year! Oak Ridge's final 4 opponents - Greenville, Karns, D-B, and Campbell County have 5 losses between them! Face the facts: "Back to the Future" with Gaddis has failed! It is time to follow UT's lead...admit our mistakes; fire our head coach; commit to rebuild; hire Whitten from Elizabethton (he's applied here before) if he's still interested. Before you criticize me, DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY ANSWERS?

16 hours ago, WildcatRealist said:

I told you all on August 21, but you Oak Ridge posters are so STUCK IN THE PAST. Oak Ridge is simply NOT RELEVANT anymore. Those of you that attend their games...ARE THEY WELL-COACHED? Some of you say, " Well, they ALWAYS start the season out slow and get better at the end." Who's fault  is that? It sure isn't going to happen this year! Oak Ridge's final 4 opponents - Greenville, Karns, D-B, and Campbell County have 5 losses between them! Face the facts: "Back to the Future" with Gaddis has failed! It is time to follow UT's lead...admit our mistakes; fire our head coach; commit to rebuild; hire Whitten from Elizabethton (he's applied here before) if he's still interested. Before you criticize me, DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY ANSWERS?

I feel your pain bro, but be careful what you wish for.    Boone is going to finish 1-8 and get whacked in the first round like we usually do.    Would love to trade for sludging thru the season and then catch fire in the playoffs like OR seems to do a lot

Just now, blazer1set said:

I feel your pain bro, but be careful what you wish for.    Boone is going to finish 1-8 and get whacked in the first round like we usually do.    Would love to trade for sludging thru the season and then catch fire in the playoffs like OR seems to do a lot

Powell is like Graham's DB teams. Beast people through the season and slump in the playoffs. IMO @HTV @osunut2

2 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

Powell is like Graham's DB teams. Beast people through the season and slump in the playoffs. IMO @HTV @osunut2

I'm not sure I'd go that far just yet, but I understand the sentiment. They weren't eligible 3 seasons ago, and they were beaten by a better West team in the QFs in 2019. I think last year is the one that stands out. There is a ton of pressure on Matt to make a run this year and also next season, given the talent they have.

Just now, osunut2 said:

I'm not sure I'd go that far just yet, but I understand the sentiment. They weren't eligible 3 seasons ago, and they were beaten by a better West team in the QFs in 2019. I think last year is the one that stands out. There is a ton of pressure on Matt to make a run this year and also next season, given the talent they have.

Great points. 3 seasons ago, they would've slumped again. Didn't get the chance due to recruiting violations that Matt allowed. Can't wait to see them slump again this year when the selfishness and egos start to ooze from the staff.