Week#2: West Ridge @ Daniel Boone

WestRidge

18 hours ago, Gunner0331 said:

The atmosphere at Volunteer was awesome last night. Somewhere I read that Volunteer had not seen a stadium that packed since the early 80s.

Absolutely awesome! Was a concern trying to bring everyone together to support the school. If Friday night was any indication then that will not be a problem!!!! The student section was AMAZING. Lot's of excitement!

15 hours ago, blazer1set said:

It's difficult to know how good WR is because after all Volunteer is.... Volunteer.

But we do know how good Boone is, and the answer is "not very".

WR  28      Boone 7

No reason to believe this game will not be close. Volunteer moved the ball with their QB either throwing or scrambling. Couldn't cash in when the field got shorter. WR was stout against the run. Both sides of the WR line looked good to me and with the numbers WR could sub keeping guys fresh. WR does have a little speed at some spots. However you never know what you have after the 1st game. This game will be a very good measuring stick for both. I've read about Boone's D. What's the offense look like? 

I'll go with WR in this one but yes Boone will be tougher.I think we have a possible powerhouse in the making.Central always had kids in the system but would lose many to DB,TH and South and it ended up badly for many senior classes.North had some dang good teams in the last several years .Then you have South with some great success going to the state semi's and putting all kinds of kids into the next level. A few more pass plays and WR offense will steam roll most defense's by the end of the season is my prediction.I would be very concerned if I were SH and DB going forward.It's been Maryville for years in the playoffs,now we might see another animal take a bite out of the other locals before they get a shot at the Rebs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 83SouthRebel said:

Absolutely awesome! Was a concern trying to bring everyone together to support the school. If Friday night was any indication then that will not be a problem!!!! The student section was AMAZING. Lot's of excitement!

No reason to believe this game will not be close. Volunteer moved the ball with their QB either throwing or scrambling. Couldn't cash in when the field got shorter. WR was stout against the run. Both sides of the WR line looked good to me and with the numbers WR could sub keeping guys fresh. WR does have a little speed at some spots. However you never know what you have after the 1st game. This game will be a very good measuring stick for both. I've read about Boone's D. What's the offense look like? 

I predicted before the season began that Boone's D would have to carry the team because the O is just not happening this year.    You guys know how it is, unless you are Alcoa or Maryville it is hard to get it all together on both sides of the ball in the same season.

On 8/21/2021 at 5:36 PM, blazer1set said:

I did not go to last night's game, and Boone has not played SG in a very long time, so is South Greene really that good?   I knew Boone would be decent this year but it is embarrassing to nearly lose to a 2A school unless they are a state title contender.    I guess I'm trying to determine if SG is really good or are we really bad?    Or both....

I watched the SG/DB game. In my opinion I do think SG was overall the better team. At the end of the day though Boone’s coaching staff made the necessary adjustments and SG’s not as much and Boone left the field as the victor.  It was hard fought physical game and congrats to Boone.

Boone - Some folks have thought or still thinking Boone will be down this year including myself due to loss of a ton starters.  However, after watching them in their 1st game it has changed my mind a little. I think they’ll continue to improve as the season goes on and have a decent season after a tough played schedule. I was impressed with their run defense and the secondary played well also.  Boone has great linebackers and corners, the DE’s played well to. The dline is big and quick. Overall a real solid physical defense.  The offense has some play makers and speed. I thought Oline played fast & physical against a sold physical SG defense.  If I was picking out a weakness it would be the less experienced on the offense and maybe the QB.  The kicker, well we known he is good.  I think he hit a 44 yarder.  Boone has some good coaches and like the physicality and fight this team has.

I watched the West Ridge & Volunteer game and I thought West Ridge looked good for their 1st ever game.  West Ridge looked good running the ball, but was that because Volunteer’s run defense was not good, or because West Ridge just has a solid run game?  West Ridge was hyped up for the 1st game and took care of business.  Boone’s a different animal than Volunteer!  

I think this will be another good game to watch in wk2.  It will for sure be a better test/gage for West Ridge. I think Boone comes away with another W this wk. West Ridge should continue to get better and I think they’ll have a good 1st inaugural season and win a playoff game or two.  I wish both teams success.

Boone 24

Wolves 21

Edited by Romansfive8

29 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

I watched the SG/DB game. In my opinion I do think SG was overall the better team. At the end of the day though Boone’s coaching staff made the necessary adjustments and SG’s not as much and Boone left the field as the victor.  It was hard fought physical game and congrats to Boone.

Boone - Some folks have thought or still thinking Boone will be down this year including myself due to loss of a ton starters.  However, after watching them in their 1st game it has changed my mind a little. I think they’ll continue to improve as the season goes on and have a decent season after a tough played schedule. I was impressed with their run defense and the secondary played well also.  Boone has great linebackers and corners, the DE’s played well to. The dline is big and quick. Overall a real solid physical defense.  The offense has some play makers and speed. I thought Oline played fast & physical against a sold physical SG defense.  If I was picking out a weakness it would be the less experienced on the offense and maybe the QB.  The kicker, well we known he is good.  I think he hit a 44 yarder.  Boone has some good coaches and like the physicality and fight this team has.

I watched the West Ridge & Volunteer game and I thought West Ridge looked good for their 1st ever game.  West Ridge looked good running the ball, but was that because Volunteer’s run defense was not good, or because West Ridge just has a solid run game?  West Ridge was hyped up for the 1st game and took care of business.  Boone’s a different animal than Volunteer!  

I think this will be another good game to watch in wk2.  It will for sure be a better test/gage for West Ridge. I think Boone comes away with another W this wk. West Ridge should continue to get better and I think they’ll have a good 1st inaugural season and win a playoff game or two.  I wish both teams success.

Boone 24

Wolves 21

Thanks for the analysis and the vote of confidence