2A AP Poll 8/23

PurplePower68

6 minutes ago, pujo said:

You can have our spot, when and if we get everyone healthy and back, we might be pretty good, we've done nothing to deserve such a high ranking so far.

Honestly we haven't either. Don't want to jinx us but we should be getting a few starters back this week. We played a bunch of young kids last week. Hopefully we can get into a rhythm starting Friday.

22 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

Honestly we haven't either. Don't want to jinx us but we should be getting a few starters back this week. We played a bunch of young kids last week. Hopefully we can get into a rhythm starting Friday.

If you guys can tighten up your defense from last year. I would pick y’all as my team from the east.

5 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

If you guys can tighten up your defense from last year. I would pick y’all as my team from the east.

That's the million dollar question. Should be better but that remains to be seen. Return 7 or 8 starters on defense so the experience is there. A couple young athletes have been thrown in there too. Offensively I have no worries. 

Just now, PurplePower68 said:

That's the million dollar question. Should be better but that remains to be seen. Return 7 or 8 starters on defense so the experience is there. A couple young athletes have been thrown in there too. Offensively I have no worries. 

I felt and pretty sure verbalized after last season that with y’all’s size and youth MC would be hard to handle this year if you could find some defense. 

There are not many teams across 2A that could match up with y’all size/ athlete wise across  the line. 

If you did get the D figured out,  I believe the only one standing in your way just happens to be in your region.

MC was a good football team last year and I expect them to be a Great one this year!

7 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I felt and pretty sure verbalized after last season that with y’all’s size and youth MC would be hard to handle this year if you could find some defense. 

There are not many teams across 2A that could match up with y’all size/ athlete wise across  the line. 

If you did get the D figured out,  I believe the only one standing in your way just happens to be in your region.

MC was a good football team last year and I expect them to be a Great one this year!

High on my list also.

4 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

If we can stay healthy we should be a handful. Gotta get em one at a time. We could win the region or wind up 4th. You never know.

4 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

1. Meigs Co.

2. Trousdale Co.

3. Westview

4. Hampton

5. Memphis Academy

6. Huntingdon

7. Watertown

8. Lewis Co.

9. Forrest 

10. Riverside

My opinion is that we are at least as good as 8 teams on this list.  Long season hopefully to go but I am fine being unranked at this point.  The boys have worked hard in the weight room and it was hard to tell defensively or offensively how we looked with the game this past friday.  We tried to hold the score down.  Young kids played the majority of the game.  This week and the next couple will see if we are worthy or not.

• Upvote 1

2A will be fun this entire season IMO, I still believe just from program structure and coaching Meigs is a solid 1 but with the new squads and some close games as well as some smack downs to top Tier programs you 2 A folks are gonna have a fun year ! I am for once not pulling for a West Squad simply because I would like to see Coach Fitzgerald get him and his boys a Gold ball !!!!

16 hours ago, Yeti said:

That win for the  Memphis team really put them on the map

That Memphis team is Memphis Academy of Health Science. This team is for real! I watched them scrimmage Germantown High (6A) and they held their own. This team has 5A talent. They have three DI players on this squad, including the Coach's son Cameron Miller (UT commit) , They will be a force this year in 2A.