WEEK 3 - Oak Ridge @ Clinton

CardinalGrey

I'm sure its a lot of the heat of the battle stuff, Clinton expected to win this year and when it didn't happen, it bothered them. I get that, but, its not right of them to cancel the JV/Freshman game on Monday, the young guys on both teams needed to play, your program isn't going to get better unless the young guys get to play at game speed. I also understand the Boys Club games were cancelled also which were to be played at Clinton Saturday morning, without notice, as one of the Boys Club coaches told me he took his team over there Saturday morning and there was no one there and no one had called him to tell him the games were off.  These young guys from the Boys Club through the JV need to play as well, that is how they get better. 

3 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

I'm sure its a lot of the heat of the battle stuff, Clinton expected to win this year and when it didn't happen, it bothered them. I get that, but, its not right of them to cancel the JV/Freshman game on Monday, the young guys on both teams needed to play, your program isn't going to get better unless the young guys get to play at game speed. I also understand the Boys Club games were cancelled also which were to be played at Clinton Saturday morning, without notice, as one of the Boys Club coaches told me he took his team over there Saturday morning and there was no one there and no one had called him to tell him the games were off.  These young guys from the Boys Club through the JV need to play as well, that is how they get better. 

I'm the head coach for the 7U Clinton Dragons and we weren't scheduled to play Oak Ridge Saturday morning. I was there to play South Clinton. I was there from 830am to 230pm. I never seen any Oak Ridge team show up to play. I'm not sure where you got that information.

• Upvote 1

From 

13 hours ago, TouchdownDragons said:

I'm the head coach for the 7U Clinton Dragons and we weren't scheduled to play Oak Ridge Saturday morning. I was there to play South Clinton. I was there from 830am to 230pm. I never seen any Oak Ridge team show up to play. I'm not sure where you got that information.

From a coach that took his team over there and had talked to someone at the game Friday night who indicated that they were to play on Saturday morning....just what he said.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack said:

From 

From a coach that took his team over there and had talked to someone at the game Friday night who indicated that they were to play on Saturday morning....just what he said.

No coach showed up with a team ready to play... We have a league schedule. Oak Ridge was supposed to play at Grace. The coach must be confused. Or just just trying to stir the pot... The schedule is even listed on their Facebook page. 

58 minutes ago, CardinalGrey said:

Chick chick chick chicken!!!!

What I was thinking. If you’re gonna make it, then man up and face the repercussions. Oh well, it’s probably time to move on anyway. Hopefully he will heed Coach JG’s advice about what to do after a game. Just shut ya mouth. 

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, OR nole said:

Would anyone care to link this?  my search has come up empty.

I couldn't find it. I guess he took it down and that's the best thing he could've done. I watched the replay of Coaches Corner this morning and it doesn't sound like any Oak Ridge coaches were disrespectful after the game. 

I actually did see Gaddis talking to Truss after the game, and that was nice to see. 

• Upvote 1