WEEK 3 - Oak Ridge @ Clinton

CardinalGrey

15 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

If the Dragons pull this off will it be a bigger upset than when CC and hogdogger beat the Cats a few years back?

The question I ask is IF Clinton beats Oak Ridge Friday night, will everyone keep saying "Clinton may be 3-0, but they haven't beaten any good teams yet?" 

13 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

The question I ask is IF Clinton beats Oak Ridge Friday night, will everyone keep saying "Clinton may be 3-0, but they haven't beaten any good teams yet?" 

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. I’m with Catswild though. Not taking anything away from Clinton if they do win, but we’ve proven so far that we’re mediocre at best. There’s a possibility though that Bearden may end up being a pretty good team. Just have to let the season play out. I’ll be the first one here to congratulate y’all if you beat us, and credit you for it at the same time.

Edited by SweetScience

3 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. I’m with Catswild though. Not taking anything away from Clinton if they do win, but we’ve proven so far that we’re mediocre at best.

I'm just messing with you guys. Ive been around long enough to know that if you want respect, you have to earn it. 

Oak Ridge will come ready to play and may have their breakout game. I just hope not. Lol

8 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

It's all in fun Mav! Its just a game with kids trying to have fun. It amazes me at how serious most people make this out to be. There are more serious things going on in the World today other than a high school football game between Clinton and Oak Ridge.  3-0 or 0-3, the sun will come up the next day.  With that being said, I hope Clinton beats the snot outta Oak Ridge!!! But if they don't, I'm not gonna get mad and upset and let it ruin my day.  

God Bless and when all else fails.......................GO DRAGONS!! :thumb:

I was just wondering. How long has it been since Clinton beat OR. I can't remember when. I know AC and CCHS beat OR and AC won the conference that year but I don't think Clinton beat OR as well. But I may be wrong. 

38 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I was just wondering. How long has it been since Clinton beat OR. I can't remember when. I know AC and CCHS beat OR and AC won the conference that year but I don't think Clinton beat OR as well. But I may be wrong. 

2009, I think. 92 may correct me on that though. AC has beaten us twice in 14 tries, I do believe. Once in the very early 2000’s and 2013 or ‘14, can’t remember. Matt Fox was the RB.

Edited by SweetScience

9 minutes ago, edwardblake said:

I was doubting Clinton at first and was surprised to hear that Oak Ridge fell to the Bulldogs so I have to take Clinton in this match up.

I’ve seriously been surprised at Clinton’s scores as well. Yeah, the competition has been scant, but they’ve drilled the eyes out of both of them, and that’s what good teams do to inferior teams, or should do. I’m impressed.