WEEK 3 - Oak Ridge @ Clinton

CardinalGrey

This Oak Ridge team is a lot different than those that didnt start off great in past.This yr we dont have a QB with the exp of past.The defense is solid but loaded with sophs on backend that are undersized and stuggle to tackle.We had to replace the whole Dline plus have dealt with injuries and have no depth.We are having to play guys both ways on the lines that already are not great and they strugle even more having to go both ways.Our biggest strength is our RBs and WRs but we cant block long enough to pass and the RBs are being met in backfield by multiple defenders.We have a lot of problems that need fixed just to be a little better but still dont have enough to compete vs great teams.We either have to change our blocking schemes and see if it works or scrap the offense and let Jai and Heyward run a rpo offense and try to make a great play.If we continue to do what we are doing and hope it works we will be lucky to win 3 games

31 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

This Oak Ridge team is a lot different than those that didnt start off great in past.This yr we dont have a QB with the exp of past.The defense is solid but loaded with sophs on backend that are undersized and stuggle to tackle.We had to replace the whole Dline plus have dealt with injuries and have no depth.We are having to play guys both ways on the lines that already are not great and they strugle even more having to go both ways.Our biggest strength is our RBs and WRs but we cant block long enough to pass and the RBs are being met in backfield by multiple defenders.We have a lot of problems that need fixed just to be a little better but still dont have enough to compete vs great teams.We either have to change our blocking schemes and see if it works or scrap the offense and let Jai and Heyward run a rpo offense and try to make a great play.If we continue to do what we are doing and hope it works we will be lucky to win 3 games

This might be the year CCHS takes down OR again. Let's hope not lol haha. 

• Thanks 1

This isn't your typical "Clinton team" either this year. It was visible that Clinton was much improved during summer practices and in their scrimmages. We also looked very good against Grace in the jamboree at Carson Newman. And when I say "looked better" I don't just mean the scores of those... I'm talking about the way the players carried themselves and the confidence they played with. 

I'm not saying Clinton will beat Oak Ridge Friday night, because that's easier said than done. I just think everyone including Oak Ridge will see the improvement in this year's Clinton team. 

7 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

This isn't your typical "Clinton team" either this year. It was visible that Clinton was much improved during summer practices and in their scrimmages. We also looked very good against Grace in the jamboree at Carson Newman. And when I say "looked better" I don't just mean the scores of those... I'm talking about the way the players carried themselves and the confidence they played with. 

I'm not saying Clinton will beat Oak Ridge Friday night, because that's easier said than done. I just think everyone including Oak Ridge will see the improvement in this year's Clinton team. 

The Dragons always play us hard, no matter if they have a good team or not. They’ve just been overmatched in recent memory. I expect nothing less Friday night. I most certainly expect a much improved team with something to prove. Gaddis better have our kids ready, or we’ll most certainly have a 3 in the loss column.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Just curious what the difference was between SD and Bearden. Specifically when it comes to passing the ball. Didn’t Heyward have a field day and the running game wasn’t great against SD?? I have a hard time believing that if Bearden and SD were to play that it would be close.

1 minute ago, KnoxVil said:

Just curious what the difference was between SD and Bearden. Specifically when it comes to passing the ball. Didn’t Heyward have a field day and the running game wasn’t great against SD?? I have a hard time believing that if Bearden and SD were to play that it would be close.

TBH, Bearden got a lot more pressure on our QB than SD did, which explains why we didn’t throw the ball nearly as well. They basically pitched a tent and camped out in our backfield ALL GAME LONG, literally. The pass protection was atrocious, and that’s me putting it mildly.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bounder said:

Does anybody know if Clintons field will be finished? That's gonna be emotional playing on a new field. They're gonna be sky high.

WILDCAT PRIDE

Yes it will be ready and the fire breathing dragon in the end zone should be ready. 

Go Dragons!! 

Edited by 92Dragon

1 hour ago, bounder said:

Does anybody know if Clintons field will be finished? That's gonna be emotional playing on a new field. They're gonna be sky high.

WILDCAT PRIDE

Does anybody know if we are to vandalize Clinton's new field before or after Thursday midnight?

Just kidding Dragons but we do owe ya one :roflol:   . Really, just kidding.