Springfield High Yellow vs Clarksville Northeast Eagles

10 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

I didn’t mean I was in favor of open enrollment.  I am not.  And your point is validate about Rutherford and the same could be said for Sumner County.  We were just making an observation that there is a lot of talent there that doesn’t under utilized.  I realize that enrollment is fluid with the high military population as well

I agree there is an awful lot to be said for quality coaching and finding folks to fill those jobs. Clarksville has always had good talent. One of the biggest issues is getting someone who wants to be scrutinized 24/7 for an extra few thousand dollars a year. Imagine parents, players, media always critiquing your performance based off the execution of a 15-18 year old. I love the game and growing up in west Texas you were either a football god or garbage ... that's an awful lot to ask grown ups take on with such little reward. Same can be said about most teachers teaching in public schools today. 

18 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I agree there is an awful lot to be said for quality coaching and finding folks to fill those jobs. Clarksville has always had good talent. One of the biggest issues is getting someone who wants to be scrutinized 24/7 for an extra few thousand dollars a year. Imagine parents, players, media always critiquing your performance based off the execution of a 15-18 year old. I love the game and growing up in west Texas you were either a football god or garbage ... that's an awful lot to ask grown ups take on with such little reward. Same can be said about most teachers teaching in public schools today. 

That’s an EXCELLENT point and the number one reason IMHO for the constant turnover among teachers, administrators and coaches and the reason there are so many unfilled openings. Educators can go out in the public sector and work for probably more money and have far less demands made on them.   If they stay in the field it is because of the uncompensated rewards 

10 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

That’s an EXCELLENT point and the number one reason IMHO for the constant turnover among teachers, administrators and coaches and the reason there are so many unfilled openings. Educators can go out in the public sector and work for probably more money and have far less demands made on them.   If they stay in the field it is because of the uncompensated rewards 

Exactly... I would bet if you look at some of the best programs in the state, they have the facilities, the support of the school board and county , and their making the more than most programs

Edited by Blaze45

Tee up the footballs, lace up the cleats, and buckle the chin straps it’s Game Day Friday in Robertson County.  The Swarm of Yellow Jacket and their fans take their 2-0 record and will head west on I-24 to exit 1 to visit the (1-1) Northeast Eagles tonight. The game will be on Channel 30 and is The Titans Game of the week.  I expect a good one as both teams start region play. I got the Jackets scoring once every quarter and the Eagles scoring once every half

Jackets-28

eagles- 16

18 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

I went back and watched it again, I see where you are coming from, the Safety over the top who got the pick was in a better position than I originally thought, he still could have possibly completed the pass but the WR would have taken a hard hit...

He is still learning an honestly the playbook hasn't even really been opened yet. Alot of things nobody has seen yet. 

• Like 1